Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   2000 fuel injected road king won't start (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1192814-2000-fuel-injected-road-king-wont-start.html)

jacksellers 08-13-2017 07:06 PM

2000 fuel injected road king won't start

Bike sat a while, I drained tank and refilled with primium gas, everything looks the same i am getting spark and can hear fuel pump but will not fire unless i put fuel in cylinders directly ie: pull plugs, pour in a little gas. Bike cranks but will not fire. Any help is very much appreciated

Porky11 08-14-2017 07:30 AM

Try pushing up on the fuel connector on the bottom of the tank and see if that works as this happened to my 2007 as the fitting gets worn a little and won't let fuel through if it is fuel injected.

ORradtech 08-14-2017 08:14 AM

If the bike sat without fuel stabilizer and you are getting fuel to the injector you may need to clean or replace the injectors.

im 08-14-2017 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by jacksellers (Post 16526465)
Bike sat a while, I drained tank and refilled with primium gas, everything looks the same i am getting spark and can hear fuel pump but will not fire unless i put fuel in cylinders directly ie: pull plugs, pour in a little gas. Bike cranks but will not fire. Any help is very much appreciated

We can not see or hear the bike.
The more details available the better the answer you might receive.
For now it would seem that:
You have a 2000 Road King
It is fuel injected
It has unknown miles
It has unknown history
It has unknown options like pipes,air box, fuel adder (example:like power-commander), handle bars etc.
Bike "sat a while" : was that a week , a month or 10 years?
When was the last time the bike functioned correctly?
When you you write "everything looks the same " what does that mean? did you remove the top plate on fuel tank to look inside the tank for debris?
You state: bike cranks and starts when fuel is placed inside the cylinders then based on the limited information available it reads fuel related.
It is possible that some debris are blocking the fuel sock on supply line in the tank or you have a problem at EXTERNAL fuel line connection to tank.
Is it possible that someone removed the fuel tank or disconnected the fuel lines that attach to tank for some kind of service?

carlgrover 08-15-2017 12:29 PM

I've got a fuel injected EVO that doesn't want to start after it's been sitting for several days or maybe a week. To get it running I just hold the throttle open a little and it roars to life. Not really sure what's going on with it but I think the throttle plate is sticking from sitting around. Day to day it starts right up.

carl

svarnster 08-15-2017 01:08 PM

I would start by checking fuel pressure

Veekness 08-15-2017 07:33 PM

Check fuel pressure first, thinking about possible pin holes in the in tank lines. If that checks out, spray Sea Foam in the throttle body while it's running for a little cleaning action.