Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD Wireless Interface Module install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:07 AM
sampansam
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHIM software install with a macbook

I installed the WHIM and cable required for my 2017 Roadglide Special. I used a Macbook Pro running Sierra OSx to install the software downloaded from the HD website. It was not easy. It took many fits and starts before it recognized the device. After it recognized the device I expected to simply hit next, however the field was empty, had to browse to find the downloaded software I was eventually able to do it. Perhaps it would have been easier if I had a Windows based machine. Has anyone done this with a Mac? I have not brought it to the dealer yet to "flash" the Boombox.

Also, I have a SENA 20S. I installed new firmware with my Macbook which at the time was running 10.7.5. When I tried to install the WHIM software, I had to upgrade my operating system. When I tried to update the firmware on the 20S, with the upgraded operating system it did not recognize my device. After doing some research on the internet, I disabled the blue tooth on my Macbook and it recognized the device. Is it just me or has anyone had trouble using a Mac.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser
Received 93 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a mac. I get issues with the format of the USB drive. Even when I use FAT32. Seems apple puts something extra on there just to **** off microsoft.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Bwpkmp
Stage III
Default Wireless experience

Just to throw in my 2 cents as a new member. I installed the module and harness on a 2016 Road Glide Ultra and could not get it to work after following the instructions to the letter.
So I took the bike to the dealer and they were clueless since they had not installed one either. So I left the bike with them to experiment/train on. They got it to work after calling the Mothership. Apparently the instructions are wrong. I do not have a CB so I had just left the black plug disconnected. However, the black plug is apparently the power source for the module. Once the CB module was plugged in we now had the wireless option on the screen. No problem after that with pairing the HD headset unit which they were just using as a test. We paired up my Uclear with no problem. Everything seems to work fine and sounds great. I have all my music on a thumb drive rather than my phone. The phone is connected via bluetooth only and not plugged in. I can talk over the Uclear system fine ..... so everything seems to be working as advertised. However, I have yet to try voice commands since I never use them anyway.
I have connected my Uclear HBC100 Plus and the Uclear AMP to the HD module with no issues. I do not know if it is playing in stereo or mono but it sounds fine to me on the bike even at 80+ with Vance&Hines Big Mouth mufflers. I had previously upgraded my helmet speakers to the Pulse Pro speakers several months ago.

Bruce

Old 02-25-2018, 06:08 PM
DCWC
Intermediate
Thumbs up Thanks for all the information

I have been following this and reading the comments trying to decide to purchase the WHIM and 20S EVO dual pack. Well, after reading all the comments I went out and bought it. I spent a little over $850.00 for the set up. I installed it on my 2016 FLHTK, followed your instructions. Now all I have to do is go to Harley sometime this week and get the system flashed. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
taskmaster66
Stage II
Unhappy Wired Headsets Mic Does Not Work After Whim Install

I had the dealer install a CB and the WHIM on my new 2018 Ultra Limited. Purchased the HD 20S EVO wireless headsets. Everything on the wireless works, but I cannot go back to any of my Wired helmet headsets, the "mic" function does not work on anything, intercomm, CD, phone etc. The dealer can't figure it out! I looks like you should be able to go back to wired headsets by selecting Enable\Disable in the boom box setup, but no luck.
Does anyone know if this is truly the case, you can't have both? Surely HD didn't put this out this way? Any suggestions appreciated.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:24 AM
UNYboater
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taskmaster66
I had the dealer install a CB and the WHIM on my new 2018 Ultra Limited. Purchased the HD 20S EVO wireless headsets. Everything on the wireless works, but I cannot go back to any of my Wired helmet headsets, the "mic" function does not work on anything, intercomm, CD, phone etc. The dealer can't figure it out! I looks like you should be able to go back to wired headsets by selecting Enable\Disable in the boom box setup, but no luck.
Does anyone know if this is truly the case, you can't have both? Surely HD didn't put this out this way? Any suggestions appreciated.
I've read through another (huge) WHIM thread & there are several people that CAN still use their wired headsets after installing the WHIM & yet there seem to be several others in the same boat as you. I have no answer for you, since I don't have a wired headset to test. However, I'll bet that the folks in that other thread that have both working would be happy to see if they can help you can get yours working, too. HD techs seems to have a certain amount of catching-up to do to be completely up to speed on this.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-davidson.html

Old 03-20-2018, 03:22 PM
HeratageJim
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, taskmaster66, you are at least the 4th person to come forward with this problem that I also have with a 2017 ultra limited with cb. The only way to use the wired headsets is to unplug the WHIM harness. Please post if/when you obtain resolution or even confirmation from HD that this may affect all 2017-2018 bikes with Boom Audio 6.5. It appears to not affect any 2014-2016 models.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:39 PM
taskmaster66
Stage II
Default Whims Software will not update

I just installed the WHIM with the extra wire harness required on my 2016 Triglide. I am trying to update the WHIM software, downloaded from the Harley website.
It recognizes the device, I select the iso file for update. It progresses to the 71% mark and erros, saying Device Failes, File corrupt (code 24).
I have downloaded and saved the update file many time and on 3 different flash drives, so I do not think the file is no good.
Anyone had this issue? I hate to go to Harley for the flash update if my WHIM software gives an error

Old 03-29-2018, 08:35 AM
fordhd2005
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

I just installed the WHIM with the extra wire harness required on my 2016 Triglide. I am trying to update the WHIM software, downloaded from the Harley website.
It recognizes the device, I select the iso file for update. It progresses to the 71% mark and erros, saying Device Failes, File corrupt (code 24).
I have downloaded and saved the update file many time and on 3 different flash drives, so I do not think the file is no good.
Anyone had this issue? I hate to go to Harley for the flash update if my WHIM software gives an error
If your trying to update the WHIM, you have to connect your laptop to the USB cable to the WHIM. When you say "flashdrive", the only thing you can update with that is the Boom itself. So, I'm thinking your trying to update one component with another's update.. I recommend going back and reading the instructions thoroughly... you may discover your mistake. And then you have to take it to Harley to have the Boom flashed to turn on the Wireless Headset option.

Last edited by fordhd2005; 03-29-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:44 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Is something in your setting wired system works just fine after WHIM install.

Quick Reply: New HD Wireless Interface Module install with pics