Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide front tire Ulta Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:18 PM
rlh7677
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 180 front tire

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Rlh, what's that mean ? Ride like heck LOL...
That's pretty good, LOL, actually my initials but may be a bit fitting ! Here's a couple of pics of front and rear 180 tires and how far over the combination lets you go ! Can make the wife scream like a little girl ! LOL

Attached Thumbnails Wide front tire Ulta Limited-phone-pics-august-2017-052.jpg   Wide front tire Ulta Limited-phone-pics-august-2017-046.jpg   Wide front tire Ulta Limited-19989553_1816269261722639_3887224974572481598_n.jpg  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:05 AM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

Looks great! Those wide fronts look a million times better than the tall skinny tires that 'were' all the craze,recently!

The following users liked this post:
rlh7677 (10-19-2017)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:22 AM
liscio42
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fat front tire

Originally Posted by rlh7677
I looked at the Native Bagger kit and figured I would do it myself, here's what I did and how much I have in it. The Led Sled guys have a rear chopper fender listed on their web sight , order an 8" wide,it was $150 and they will cut the wrap style fender pattern for you but you will need to mock it up ,drill and fit & finish yourself. The cans you are able to cut with a hand held cut off saw, mark 1" higher on the inside from the stock length and bring a line down to meet the outside length, cut, and polish as they are stainless and they will look like chrome.As for the wheel, mine is a Revtech 5.5 rear used/new/display that was on ebay for $350, had to buy a new hub for $350 so I have $700 in entire wheel set up. Any brand rear modular wheel will work that suits your wanting that will take a front hub. So dollar wise I have $850 in wheel and fender, $275 Avon 180/55/18 tire, and about $500 for paint which includes some finish work on fender. So for entire conversion as you see it on my bike little over $1,625. Rides and handles beyond my expectations, in my opinion it's one of the best mods that you can do that has both function and eye appeal to the max for the money ! You can use the stock rotors but I bought Revtech's from JPcycles, also ***** Shiny makes the best looking hub covers, also I have ABS so order your hub accordingly . The end result is awesome, good luck, I also included a battle scar pic, you can scrape boards and pipes and the bike looks up and laughs at you like it's saying "is that all you got " cause the thing is glued to the road !
Curious, why wasn't machining of front legs necessary ? They require it, but you didn't mention doing yours, which looks like a great job. Appreciate the detailed listing, thanks

rlh7677 (04-13-2019)
Old 08-07-2018, 05:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

rlh7677, I'm not a fan of the big front tyre look, but you've done an excellent job with yours - well done!

rlh7677 (04-13-2019)
Old 08-07-2018, 01:36 PM
HDIRONS
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile wide front tire Ultra

Hey rlh7677,
Like the wide tire and what you did, Did you have to shave any the inside of the lower forks? Native says the reason you need to buy there forks is because the stock lowers need to be shaved to except the wide tire and wheel.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by HDIRONS
Hey rlh7677,
Like the wide tire and what you did, Did you have to shave any the inside of the lower forks? Native says the reason you need to buy there forks is because the stock lowers need to be shaved to except the wide tire and wheel.
No. Go to their site. They sell kits that includes a fender that allows a 180 front tire with zero modification to the fork lowers or triple trees. Kits $600. They have other options as well.

https://www.nativecustombaggers.com/...-tire-kit.html

Old 03-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked at the Native Bagger kit and figured I would do it myself, here's what I did and how much I have in it. The Led Sled guys have a rear chopper fender listed on their web sight , order an 8" wide,it was $150 and they will cut the wrap style fender pattern for you but you will need to mock it up ,drill and fit & finish yourself. The cans you are able to cut with a hand held cut off saw, mark 1" higher on the inside from the stock length and bring a line down to meet the outside length, cut, and polish as they are stainless and they will look like chrome.As for the wheel, mine is a Revtech 5.5 rear used/new/display that was on ebay for $350, had to buy a new hub for $350 so I have $700 in entire wheel set up. Any brand rear modular wheel will work that suits your wanting that will take a front hub. So dollar wise I have $850 in wheel and fender, $275 Avon 180/55/18 tire, and about $500 for paint which includes some finish work on fender. So for entire conversion as you see it on my bike little over $1,625. Rides and handles beyond my expectations, in my opinion it's one of the best mods that you can do that has both function and eye appeal to the max for the money ! You can use the stock rotors but I bought Revtech's from JPcycles, also ***** Shiny makes the best looking hub covers, also I have ABS so order your hub accordingly . The end result is awesome, good luck, I also included a battle scar pic, you can scrape boards and pipes and the bike looks up and laughs at you like it's saying "is that all you got " cause the thing is glued to the road !
Where did you get the front hub and what did you order? I'm in the process of doing this and can't justify buying basically an entire front end when I figured the stock front end would work.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 AM
LiquidMovz
Advanced

I looked at the Native Bagger kit and figured I would do it myself, here's what I did and how much I have in it. The Led Sled guys have a rear chopper fender listed on their web sight , order an 8" wide,it was $150 and they will cut the wrap style fender pattern for you but you will need to mock it up ,drill and fit & finish yourself. The cans you are able to cut with a hand held cut off saw, mark 1" higher on the inside from the stock length and bring a line down to meet the outside length, cut, and polish as they are stainless and they will look like chrome.As for the wheel, mine is a Revtech 5.5 rear used/new/display that was on ebay for $350, had to buy a new hub for $350 so I have $700 in ee wheel set up. Any brand rear modular wheel will work that suits your wanting that will take a front hub. So dollar wise I have $850 in wheel and fender, $275 Avon 180/55/18 tire, and about $500 for paint which includes some finish work on fender. So for entire conversion as you see it on my bike little over $1,625. Rides and handles beyond my expectations, in my opinion it's one of the best mods that you can do that has both function and eye appeal to the max for the money ! You can use the stock rotors but I bought Revtech's from JPcycles, also ***** Shiny makes the best looking hub covers, also I have ABS so order your hub accordingly . The end result is awesome, good luck, I also included a battle scar pic, you can scrape boards and pipes and the bike looks up and laughs at you like it's saying "is that all you got " cause the thing is glued to the road !
@rlh7677 RE: "had to buy a new hub for $350" Can you shoot me to a link or throw me some info on where you got the hub? The Wheel is the last piece to my puzzle of doing this myself and I have a line on a Foose Nitrous 3D Rear Wheel that I think I might grab if I can figure out the Hub Issue...I believe the wheel I am looking at is currently set up for an HD Rear with ABS...not sure what model yet.

Or if anyone else can help me out, it would be appreciated!

Also, did you use your stock rotors? or? - I am totally new to changing out wheel set ups (for now), and there is not much turning up in my searching efforts!

Old 04-13-2019, 02:41 AM
LiquidMovz
Advanced

Originally Posted by LiquidMovz
@rlh7677 RE: "had to buy a new hub for $350" Can you shoot me to a link or throw me some info on where you got the hub? The Wheel is the last piece to my puzzle of doing this myself and I have a line on a Foose Nitrous 3D Rear Wheel that I think I might grab if I can figure out the Hub Issue...I believe the wheel I am looking at is currently set up for an HD Rear with ABS...not sure what model yet.

Or if anyone else can help me out, it would be appreciated!

Also, did you use your stock rotors? or? - I am totally new to changing out wheel set ups (for now), and there is not much turning up in my searching efforts!
Looks like I would have to have a custom hub made and try to fit that Foose (No Idea on what that would cost, or the route to go to do that), so I am now looking for a used Revtech or Performance Machine 5.5" Rear Wheel in either 16" or 18".

So doesn't look like any of the Fatty Front Tire Guys are looking at this thread...I did some research, and from what I can tell, if I can find a used or deal on a Revtech or Performance Machine wheel...I can get the Front Hubs for my 2016 Ultra Limited for around $320 from various Online Stores...the P/N's in case anyone is looking for them are "Chrome" - 602467 and "Black Anodized" - 602500 for All 08-17 Touring Models with ABS, Dual Disc and 25mm Axles...they have them for for most makes with or without ABS and single or dual disc.

My understanding is that there are some paces that can do "Custom Billet Hubs", I haven't found anything that really sheds light on this or any other options than the above, short of a custom $2K+ Wheel???

It's amazing how little info there seems to be on getting a Wider Rear Wheel to work on the front...

Anyway, trying to help out the next guy with the little info I have thus far...if anyone else can shed light on this subject further on other options...it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by LiquidMovz; 04-13-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:08 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

I just went with the native kit. They've been doing this the longest and have the best fender selection range.

The following 2 users liked this post by matte:
HARDWAY90 (05-27-2019), rlh7677 (11-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Wide front tire Ulta Limited