Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased a 2017 ultra classic, 35 miles from dealer CK engine light comes on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:49 PM
thamer williams
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just purchased a 2017 ultra classic, 35 miles from dealer CK engine light comes on.

I called the dealer. They walked me thru clearing the code. The code was po131. Continued on home ,stop for fuel, still no code. Start it up drive 1 mile CK engine light comes back on. I take it back to dealer the next day and leave it. They clear the code and test ride it. No code and they say it's fixed come and get it. Ok only 63 miles away. I take delivery and drive 1 mile from dealer and light comes on. Right back I go, they CK code it's the same. I have left it at the dealer with instructions that I don't want it back , either fix the problem or give me a new bike. Today's Jan 3 and no courtesy call from the dealer on what's going on. I purchased the bike on the 30 of December. Christmas present to me. Not real happy with this dealer. They said just run it I'm sure it will be ok. Da not me, to lean and you smoke the cylinder. I'm waiting till Friday to give the a chance to fix and call me. I said just replace the O2 sensor. No they have to call tech services to see what they want them to do. REALLY. NOT HAPPY WITH THIS DEALER. Ecu or harness or sensor. Easy.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Rod burner
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on the new bike. Sorry to hear you are having the issues with it and the dealer. Stay on them until they remedy the problem. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM
thamer williams
2nd Gear

Thanks, when I was still employed I turned wrenches on Mercury, Yamaha, mercruiser force, Mariner, Volvo. So I do know about engines. Just clearing a code and sending it out isn't fixing anything. But thanks again for your reply.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:22 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low / Engine Lean

That's not good. Just run it they say ? Really...
Start to document everything and every time you deal with this dealer. Well I would anyway.
Hope all works out for you.

In case you need it:
https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...ble-codes.html

Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 PM
thamer williams
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low / Engine Lean

That's not good. Just run it they say ? Really...
Start to document everything and every time you deal with this dealer. Well I would anyway.
Hope all works out for you.

In case you need it:
https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...ble-codes.html
Thanks I'm not going to be ugly yet. Wait till Friday to see what they have done, if anything.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:15 AM
critter85
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Welcome to the Forum.

I hope you get this resolved fast, is their another dealer that you could take it to if they keep giving you the run around?

Old 01-04-2018, 04:41 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by critter85
Welcome to the Forum.

is their another dealer that you could take it to if they keep giving you the run around?

I had to do this with my 09 nightster, charging issue and they said we cant duplicate it so we cant fix it.. HORSESHIT take it for a ride and once it gets hot it doesn't charge.. I would be talking to the dealer general manager if its not fixed by tomorrow.. bought on the 30th and with holiday im sure no MV paperwork has been done yet

Old 01-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,679 Likes on 822 Posts

I would swap the O2 sensors, if you get the same code, might be an engine problem. If you get a #2 sensor code, then probably bad sensor.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Dealer service dept. telling you they have to call technical service tells me they have no qualified techs to diagnose check engine light code or they are just blowing you off.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I've noticed that threads that are generated on this forum wherein the OP has a problem and gets impatient because a dealer, vendor, or seller doesn't drop everything they're doing and instantly solve a problem, and they go crying on the World Wide Web, don't generally end well for the OP.

Just because you CAN post something on the internet doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD post something on the internet. So take a chill pill, give the dealer some time, and don't be so damn anxious to start throwing stones at the dealer.

Not yet, anyway.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 2017 ultra classic, 35 miles from dealer CK engine light comes on.