Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try this new Corbin seat yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 05:43 PM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Apparently, Trigger wasn’t just a horse...

Certain words are like chum in the water...

Back in topic, I’m looking at the Corbin seat for that very reason.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:45 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,149 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Pretty sure when I spend the day sitting on a rock I'm not comfortable and I find the pressure points on my backside quite well.

That said, I've spent many a day on an iron tractor seat in comfort.

It's not being hard that makes a seat comfortable, it's being shaped well. Corbin is on the path, but it seems like they never finished the journey. At last to me and my backside.
There's a big difference between a rock and a firm piece of foam. I think its a combination of firmness and shape.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM
NugBa
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

So I take it that NONE of you have actually tried this seat yet?

My intention was not a debate on what makes a seat comfortable. I owned a Corbin back on an old BMW 1150RT I once owned...

John
Another Very Happy M8 Owner!

Last edited by NugBa; 02-09-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by F150HD
fancier it is, the more parts to break. With 'cooling' I'd fear condensation forming under the leather/vinyl forming mold/rot etc. For a hot *** maybe seat beads is a better idea.

For $1k I'd just go Russel Day Long....

The technology has been used in automotive for a few years now. Because it's not a heating or cooling mat but a thermoelectric cooler and a ducted fan. The airflow should eliminate any chance of condensation.

It's still a lot of money for a seat but I think a Day Long or Ultimate is in the same ballpark without having the cooling feature.

Every butt and every wallet are different. Hopefully the op can get some reviews or possibly can post a review if he buys it.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:54 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by LazySundays
The technology has been used in automotive for a few years now. Because it's not a heating or cooling mat but a thermoelectric cooler and a ducted fan. The airflow should eliminate any chance of condensation.

It's still a lot of money for a seat but I think a Day Long or Ultimate is in the same ballpark without having the cooling feature.

Every butt and every wallet are different. Hopefully the op can get some reviews or possibly can post a review if he buys it.
Either way you go your wallet will be thinner, which is both good and bad I quess.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not tried the Corbin fire and ice seat but do have a Corbin dual touring heated seat and love the seat very much and have had several 12 to 14 hour days on my 2009 Streetglide and no issues. I cannot speak for passenger seating as my other half does not ride much with me. Will not get into the Corbin seat debate as they are a firm seat so you either love or hate them but works great for me.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:44 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

I love my Corbin Dual tour! They also serve a great burger next door!

Old 02-13-2018, 01:47 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
I love my Corbin Dual tour! They also serve a great burger next door!

Old 02-13-2018, 01:54 PM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member

Received 19,650 Likes on 6,279 Posts

This new Corbin sounds intriguing but I wouldn't pay 1K for it with out being able to sit on it for awhile first.

I had a heated Corbin made for my last bike. I rode about 25K on it before I sold the bike and the most miles in a day was around 300. The seat was just okay and my @ss would start to get sore after 150 miles or so. The shape was good but in my opinion it was to firm for the long haul. I kept it because I liked the way it looked and because I paid a lot for it and decided to live with it. It was much more comfortable than my stock seat which started to hurt after the 50 mile mark.

I'm still looking at seats for my 2017 SGS. Likely will not be another Corbin.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I may buy the Fire & Ice Dual Tour. My location is a comfortable ride to Ormond to check out one in person. Most likely in the next 3 weeks or so. My wife thinks this is a "cool" idea so I may have a Heated Corbin Dual Tour for sale soon.

Quick Reply: Anyone try this new Corbin seat yet?