Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try this new Corbin seat yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 04:05 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
I may buy the Fire & Ice Dual Tour. My location is a comfortable ride to Ormond to check out one in person. Most likely in the next 3 weeks or so. My wife thinks this is a "cool" idea so I may have a Heated Corbin Dual Tour for sale soon.
Definitely do the ride-in service Corbin provides.

The following users liked this post:
soft 02 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:07 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I put about 50 miles sitting on foam to get the adjustment perfect on mine. A very cool feature to having it made at the factory right in front of you.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:34 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

I priced one for my tri glide with a rider back rest and it came to $1300 with shipping , to steep for me my solo tour on my SGS rides great , all I wanted was a standard black seat with a back rest and it was $925 and not a one in stock

Old 07-19-2018, 10:38 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,186 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
hollister is a bit of a ride from central fl. they don't offer that service in fl. only in ca.

hbsoldier3 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 11:56 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Man, those seats are high as giraffe ears!

Old 07-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Flynblind
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I order one of these seats for my Ultra Limited. the wife and I are planning a road trip in September/October and she wanted a different seat than the factory seat. I order the "Fire and Ice" seat and the lead time was in fact "at least 4 weeks" before it would ship.

I have a Le Pera Daytona on my Breakout. As others have mentioned about the Corbin seats, that Le Pera is a "firm" seat. Even so, I have put 300+ miles on that seat in one session with no ill effects to my rear end.

Of course, the litmus test will be when the wife hops on the Corbin and we ride for an 8 hour session. On the factory seat, she was complaining about rear end pain and hip pain after about 3 hours.

I also bought a tour pak relocate kit and moved the tour pak back 2 inches to give her more room to adjust.

I will give more feedback once I have the seat.

hbsoldier3 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Sledziu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I fully recommend this seat. I have bought it in 2015 for my FLHXS and it was one of the best choices I made. Price , yeahhhh it's not cheap but it is wort it. I do not feel and pain to my back or but and it is very very comfortable. You need about 500-700 miles to brake it up and form this foam which is inside to Yourself. On the beginning it is a bit hard but after it breaks it is much much better. Corbin's seat is harder than Mustang's but suite my bike much better plus a material selection and options are amazing. You want find anything like this seat anywhere else. Till now people when I go somewhere saying WOW this seat is amazing, then I know why I have paid $960 for it.
On long rides (400 miles) You won't feel any pain in Your @ss.
For my wife Corbin's seat is to hard and she can ride about 200 miles and this is it. But this is a personal preferences and she can go long rides on stock Electra seat and Mustang (if not the same).

Overhaul it is a very good and comfy seat. Take a look,

Corbin seat and Arlen Ness covers

Corbin seat and Arlen Ness parts

Last edited by Sledziu; 07-21-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by NugBa
Worried my wife won't like sitting on that tiny stump of a seat for more then an hour or two.
You shouldn't even ask her to! That thing is NOT a dual seat. Your friendly dealer should have a selection of dual seats your wife can trial - you can pay for whatever it takes, as penance!

Old 07-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Wmbailey5
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I own the Fire and Ice seat and beaware of profile on bike and seat creases.

I have the F&I seat and have about 2,000 miles in the saddle. I also bought the Tour pack backrest. Craftsmanship is top notch. I won’t get into hard seat discussion. This is subjective.

I reached out to them three weeks ago on the following and just received the response that the seat is designed to be elevated.

I asked a Ed a lot of questions when I initially inquired about the seat; noise of fans, height is seat for fans, jhiw the cooling is actually achieved, etc. what I was never told by Corbin was the following.

The seat profile is elevated over the tank to allow air to flow down under seat to the two draw fans that create the cooling benefit the “Ice”. The nose or bridge of the saddle sits high and off the tank and does not fit snug like the heated only seat or seat with no heating or cooling features. This elevation creates a significant gap that allows water from either rain or when washing to run down under the seat with no deflection.

This elevation has caused the seat to develop an unnatural and unattractive crease across the seat bridge or nose that looks really bad. I have pictures of all of this that if you want to see the. I have sent them to Corbin directly. I am waiting on how they plan to remedying my seat issue. I have now requested that they replace the seat with a heated only that fits snug and looks right. I do not think the Fire & Ice seat is a product that aligns with Corbin’s reputation for a quality product and high customer satisfaction. Let’s see what they do.

I believe this is a design flaw and they just did not have enough seats sold to get feedback on this issue and correct it or at least a seat we’re the seat does not crease.

Based on on what I have seen I would not buy this seat again.

hbsoldier3 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Wmbailey5
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Seat raised of tank and creases

The red bike is the Fire and Ice seat. You can see how raised it it and the creases. The grey bike is a non Fire and Ice seat and you can see how snug it fits.

hbsoldier3 (07-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Anyone try this new Corbin seat yet?