Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 ultra limited lowering.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Jmac71
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red
I had been using the 12" Premiums on my dressers the last few years. Used the 12" on my '17 Limited. Thought I would try the lowering blocks with my Premium 13" shocks. The ride is better with the 13" and blocks than the 12".

TBR blocks are available on eBay. Good company/owner. If you don't like the blocks for some reason you can always sell them here for 50% or more real quick.
Thanks for the info. Are they listed on eBay under TBR? I can't find that brand name. I found a few others. Since You know yours work I would prefer to use same ones. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by Budda109
One of the things that makes a huge difference is the seat. As stated before. If you send your seat into Mean city cycles. You get the same seat back stitching and all. Check out there web site. The Harley seat that makes you sit the lowest I believe is called a (slim). Mean city can do that s well. You can go to a dealer and ask to sit on a slim to see if it makes a difference. It will. I have many vertically challenged friends they love it. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I may do the seat as well if the lowering blocks don't give me the feel I'm looking for. I have a new backrest that needs blue stitching put in it so if nothing else I'll inquire with mean city about doing that for me.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 860 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmac71

Thanks for the info. Are they listed on eBay under TBR? I can't find that brand name. I found a few others. Since You know yours work I would prefer to use same ones. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I gave you the wrong initials! Here's the TMW website and eBay link

http://www.tamarackmw.com/tamarack_2017_002.htm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tmworks1/m....p2047675.l2562

Old 02-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by Red
I gave you the wrong initials! Here's the TMW website and eBay link

http://www.tamarackmw.com/tamarack_2017_002.htm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tmworks1/m....p2047675.l2562
thanks for the info. I ordered a set yesterday!!!!

Old 02-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Mhenry1282
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a '17 Ultra, currently running the 12" progressive 444 shocks. Not bad, but not as soft as I'd like on long rides. Does anybody know if the ride would be better with the stock 13" ultra shocks and lowered one inch, or with the 444's?

Old 02-22-2018, 07:09 PM
RandyJK
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Progressive 944's dropped my Ultra a full inch much better flat footed on the ground and love the ride much smoother than the stock..

Old 02-27-2018, 10:06 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks for the info. I ordered a set yesterday!!!!
Please post your thoughts on the results...Thank you!

Old 02-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Please post your thoughts on the results...Thank you!
i recived them a day early from shipper and installed them on bike that evening. Very easy install. Took maybe 30 mintues. They give you about an extra inch and that's what I needed to feel comfortable with my bike. Feet are now flat on ground when stopping and starting. I rode about a hundred miles after install and the bike still handles the same and drives same. I did put about 3 extra turns in my shock to be sure. No bottoming out or rough ride so far. I have yet to put the wife on back to ride but I don't see it being an issue. Hope this helps with your decision. Thanks to everybody for all the suggestions and info.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:59 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

i recived them a day early from shipper and installed them on bike that evening. Very easy install. Took maybe 30 mintues. They give you about an extra inch and that's what I needed to feel comfortable with my bike. Feet are now flat on ground when stopping and starting. I rode about a hundred miles after install and the bike still handles the same and drives same. I did put about 3 extra turns in my shock to be sure. No bottoming out or rough ride so far. I have yet to put the wife on back to ride but I don't see it being an issue. Hope this helps with your decision. Thanks to everybody for all the suggestions and info.
Sounds like they are going to work for you. Regarding scraping, I would think that it will be no more of a clearance issue with your setup than someone on a stock Streetglide.
Thank you for your reply...Jim

Old 03-04-2018, 11:19 AM
SS95355
1st Gear

I joined this forum specifically because of this post. I want to follow it and read up on other ideas. I am wanting to buy the 2018 Limited anniversary but have the same 5'6" short problem. The dealer tells me the Limited low, Road glide special and Street glide all share the same short rear shack and can be installed on the Standard Limited ,to lower the seat height. Also, if needed the Covington 1" lowering block will clear the saddle bag. I figure that factory shock is good enough for the Limited low and should ride well on the Limited I touch flat footed barely on a Standard limited and only have the minimal knee bend on the Limited low. I will not be able to back up with out couple inches coming off the seat height.
I am not a fan of the forward low seat comes standard on the limited low. Just sitting on it in the show room has my junk all bunched up. I know there are custom options, maybe factory option to get a low seat without that forward low back shoving me up tight to the tank.
I think all my theories and reasoning are sound, its just expensive to try out. I wish I could find someone who has done it and sit on theirs.

(Faster horses older whiskey, younger women and more money)

Quick Reply: 2018 ultra limited lowering.