Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Question to you Road Glide owners... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1219833-question-to-you-road-glide-owners.html)

Bubba Zanetti 02-22-2018 06:58 AM

Question to you Road Glide owners...

how is the wind buffeting on a Road Glide? Does the shark nose give good protection from wind & rain? Is there wind from under the fairing that makes your head move around? I currently own a Road King with a tall windshield and I used to own an Electra Glide with the stock height windshield. How does the Road Glide compare to those bikes as far as wind?

skratch 02-22-2018 07:08 AM

with lowers, the wind management is great. but, the best way for you to answer that question is to take a test ride. there is no one answer. what works for one, may not work for another.

also, I can tell you that because the fairing is more spread out than on a batwing, I do get more rain in the face. but honestly, that's a small price to pay for all the other advantages of the roadglide (for me at least)

mndelrosario 02-22-2018 07:21 AM

Wind is almost non existent. The stock windshield was awful for me (I'm 6'1) I bought a taller aftermarket one and it throws all the air over my head, no buffeting. I've ridden through heavy rain and was "ok".

Excellent for long highway rides - no wind fatigue

Kermie 02-22-2018 07:52 AM

I've never had problems with wind buffeting. Windshield height plays a roll in wind in the face. I also have deflectors on my crash bars that reroute wind over the tank. But the only issue I had with my RGS was the stock windshield. Looks cool, but did nothing good.

twistr 02-22-2018 07:57 AM

Worst motorcycle ever produced by HD....:icon_laugh:

Cowboy Rob 02-22-2018 08:04 AM

I wonder how the new design compares to the pre Rushmore bikes too. I had a 2011 model and could never get comfortable on it, but haven’t ridden a newer one.

0ldhippie 02-22-2018 08:16 AM

Having had them all, no question, for me the RG is the best at wind management and handling of the HD tourers.

cbrenthus 02-22-2018 08:16 AM

I have the deflectors on the crash bars, not sure if they help but I think they do. With the stock small shield on the current RGS, I had a TON of buffeting with a FF helmet. I like to ride with my shield open, and once I hit 45 I had to close my shield. This bothered me because my CBR1000RR did not have the same issue, I could go however fast I wanted simply with more wind in my face, but not buffeting.

So, I ended up just removing the stock shield from my RGS, which I believed was creating a vortex of dirty air behind it and causing the buffeting. Its perfect now, and I can go as fast as I want with my shield open. However, I wouldn't mind having a tall shield for less mind on long trips, protection in the rain, and riding the wife.

30glock 02-22-2018 08:39 AM

Road glide production was stopped in 2013, came back in 2015 with a superior wind management system of HD touring models, for those with math Issues thats 2 years to perfect that system.

For those big fellas out there myself included, the biggest difference for me between the Bat and Shark was having all the room up front, with the road glide, no longer was the fairing in my face. And the handling Is an entire different subject as it's like riding a Road King.

skratch 02-22-2018 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by cbrenthus (Post 17114933)
I wouldn't mind having a tall shield for less mind on long trips, protection in the rain, and riding the wife.

you need a windshield for that? :icon_banana: