Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:44 PM
raceware
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!

I got a slightly wrecked 2001 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic . I have been working on the damage & got that, but ran into some Plug end under the seat can't find what they plug into, hoping someone here can tell me . I post some pic's of the connectors the wires seem long enough to go to the rear but all the rear light connector is attached. I was wondering if something is missing that they plug in I can't find them & don't know. 2 ends look the same one on each side & one large end with short cable I have posted some pic's of the ends & lengths. Any Hints gratefully Appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails 2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!-imag0147.jpg   2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!-imag0152.jpg   2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!-imag0154.jpg   2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!-imag0150.jpg   2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!-imag0151.jpg  

Old 02-27-2018, 02:30 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

I'll give you a bump, in the hope someone else jumps in! Does one of those connect to the tourpak, if you have one? How about rear speakers/controls for the passenger? Just throwing ideas out!

Old 02-27-2018, 02:46 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Could be for an alarm system /siren.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 PM
drmmast
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

picture 4 looks like the speaker pods on the tour pack. ill also check to see if my 07 book will work for you and look it up later tonight or tomorrow.
this may help a little. my googlefu seemed to work tonight
http://planete-biker.com/wiring_diagrams/2000flh.jpg

Last edited by drmmast; 02-27-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added info to it
Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 PM
raceware
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't have a Tour pack . I bought the bike for salvage don't know allot about it. It has very light damage.The female plugs where under the seat . I thought maybe some electronics was missing . I just can't find any male plugs that would plug in. Couldn't believe they would be left unblocked., Even not waterproof for a possible short. IOIt also doesn't have any rear speakers/controls. I'll keep looking, I have a wiring diagram but it doesn't show plugs just wires. If you think of anything let me know & Thanks!

Old 02-27-2018, 06:53 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Pretty sure I was wrong. Alarm/siren connector is inside left side cover, at least on newer models. Sorry bro. I have no connectors under the seat of my 01 Road King but plenty of differences in bikes.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:23 PM
drmmast
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by raceware
It doesn't have a Tour pack . I bought the bike for salvage don't know allot about it. It has very light damage.The female plugs where under the seat . I thought maybe some electronics was missing . I just can't find any male plugs that would plug in. Couldn't believe they would be left unblocked., Even not waterproof for a possible short. IOIt also doesn't have any rear speakers/controls. I'll keep looking, I have a wiring diagram but it doesn't show plugs just wires. If you think of anything let me know & Thanks!
I'm betting it originally had a tour pack. and those are the connectors going to the speakers and tour pack light. do they match the color codes on the image that are right above the "components located under left side cover"

Old 02-27-2018, 08:44 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 444 Posts

I'm going to go with GRBrown and say the rear speakers & switches which would have been part of the tour-pak on q 2001 Ultra Classic. The wiring diagram shows 2 6 pin connectors. Your pictures show 6 pin connectors & quick detach hardware .... possibly for the missing tour-pak.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,960 Likes on 1,713 Posts

If it is truly an FLHTCUI, that means ultra which came with a tour pak and rear speakers so I would agree with all that those are tour pak connectors

Old 02-27-2018, 09:33 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Since it has the mounting hardware and is an Ultra,it is safe to assume the tour pak got destroyed in the crash,or somehow grew legs after the accident...

Quick Reply: 2001 FLHTCUI Can't find where wiring plugs connect to!