Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s regarding Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:15 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ?'s regarding Corbin Seats

Hello,

I own a 17 St Glide Spec and was looking to upgrade my seat to something a bit more comfortable. One thing I really like about the OEM seat is that it is fairly flat — meaning that the seat doesn't rise up right away in the nose area closest to the tank. I like flatter seats because if the nose area rises too soon I feel like it adds unneeded pressure to "sensitive areas."

So my questions:

For those with either the Corbin Classis Solo or the Dual Tour:
1. Are they fairly flat in the seating area for do they have an upward slant?
2. Does the passenger portion of the Dual Tour slope down in the front? It looks like the passenger would be sliding into the operator.

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2018, 05:55 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Corbin Solo Classic here and matching pillion. Comfy and no pressure on “sensitive areas”

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (03-21-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:12 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

No and No to answer your questions.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes the rider position rises up, too much IMO. What you want is known as a 'nose job'. Spec it when ordering. Rear is fine but more contouring (custom request) will ensure your satisfaction. Custom requests cost nothing additional but add time to fulfillment.

Having said all that, the company, nor their seats, are what they used to be (back in the early 2000s). Not even close. I am no longer a fan.

If you go that route, good luck.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:35 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,942 Likes on 2,164 Posts

I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Attached Thumbnails ?'s regarding Corbin Seats-img_9019.jpg   ?'s regarding Corbin Seats-img_9022.jpg  
Old 03-17-2018, 07:15 PM
BB59
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr-Mike
Yes the rider position rises up, too much IMO. What you want is known as a 'nose job'. Spec it when ordering. Rear is fine but more contouring (custom request) will ensure your satisfaction. Custom requests cost nothing additional but add time to fulfillment.

Having said all that, the company, nor their seats, are what they used to be (back in the early 2000s). Not even close. I am no longer a fan.
If you go that route, good luck.
I couldn't disagree with you more on the company or the quality of their seats. I'm on my 6th Corbin. Four on my current rides and two that went with bikes I sold. I live close to the Hollister factory so I can ride in and have them custom made while I wait. The Dual Touring seat on my 08 RK has close to 150K miles on it. I had it recovered a few years back as I had worn out the cover. The foam and seat pan however, are still perfect. Their selection of materials is amazing and the people working there are extremely talented craftsmen and women. Having watched them being made I don't know what they could do to improve in terms of quality of materials or construction.
The biggest concern I would have in considering a Corbin is your comfort. Corbin makes a pretty firm seat. It seems like people either love them or hate them.
Here is my latest Dual Touring Seat on my 16 RK with a Corbin Tour-Pack back rest My wife loves their longer armrests.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

I love a firm a seat. Corbins are much softer than they used to be. Also the materials are different. That piping/stitching for example - there out of necessity not style. Anyway, I respect varying opinions and you are right, we are in complete disagreement. Being able to 'ride-in' in person undoubtedly accounts for your success, I would not suggest non-locals would be as lucky when it comes to customizing. In fact, when it comes to customizing the corbin, I suggest not doing it at all if you can't participate in person.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:12 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I have a Dual Tour. My wife does not slide forward at all unless under heavy breaking. My seat has a pocket for the rider and the seat does come up some in the front, much like most seats on HD's. I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:36 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I have a dual tour, I don't think either is a problem, only time that rise bothered me was on a stock seat, seat is very firm, but it is better to me, so far, than any other seat I have tried

Old 03-18-2018, 02:51 AM
ratpick
Road Captain
Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Hello,

I own a 17 St Glide Spec and was looking to upgrade my seat to something a bit more comfortable. One thing I really like about the OEM seat is that it is fairly flat — meaning that the seat doesn't rise up right away in the nose area closest to the tank. I like flatter seats because if the nose area rises too soon I feel like it adds unneeded pressure to "sensitive areas."

So my questions:

For those with either the Corbin Classis Solo or the Dual Tour:
1. Are they fairly flat in the seating area for do they have an upward slant?
2. Does the passenger portion of the Dual Tour slope down in the front? It looks like the passenger would be sliding into the operator.

Thanks!
Believe me I know exactly what you're referring to regarding "nose pressure," and I have a Corbin classic solo and have not experienced this at all--very comfortable ride that I can tolerate all day. Neither does the matching passenger seat slope into driver. Needless to say I'm surprised at the dissenting opinions, and have no explanation to offer other than I could see how if your butt doesn't set down into the "cup" of the seat properly it would likely be very uncomfortable, or if handlebar configuration required some leaning forward instead of nice upright position (and the OEM bars on touring bikes that I've experienced could very well fall into this category, unfortunately).

That said, my experience with Corbin customer service was unbelievably bad, and that alone would give me pause ordering another seat from them. I had a fitment issue with their matching passenger seat and an newer model HD luggage rack which was not documented on their site, and when I called in I spoke with one of the snottiest CS persons I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with--and I used to spend lots of time on the phone with telecom and cable companies... If I hadn't liked the rider seat so much I would have sent the whole works back and called credit card for chargeback, since Corbin refused to offer any sort of solution, exchange, or return. Only reason I wasn't then stuck with an incompatible rack was dealer where I purchased bike and accessories exchanged for different luggage rack--kudos to Big Sky Harley in Great Falls MT.

Last edited by ratpick; 03-18-2018 at 02:53 AM.

Quick Reply: ?'s regarding Corbin Seats