Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:54 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Now, I have NEVER run a car tire on a bike, nor do I intend to.
But as a dues paying officer of the court (Lawyer), can you, or ANYONE.... point me to a SINGLE instance where insurance coverage has been denied by any insurance company, anywhere, ever, due to a rider running a DOT complaint car tire that was used on a vehicle it was not designed for. IE, a car tire on a motorcycle. Cause in my decades of experience as an Attorney, I simply have NEVER heard of such a situation. Maybe it exists? If so, I would like to see it.
So then, it sounds like an opportunity. My bikes clearly stated the recommended tires for each bike.

Just because a tire is DOT compliant, doesn’t mean it’s the right tire for the the application.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 04-01-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:55 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,108 Likes on 8,922 Posts

Now, I have NEVER run a car tire on a bike, nor do I intend to.
But as a dues paying officer of the court (Lawyer), can you, or ANYONE.... point me to a SINGLE instance where insurance coverage has been denied by any insurance company, anywhere, ever, due to a rider running a DOT complaint car tire that was used on a vehicle it was not designed for. IE, a car tire on a motorcycle. Cause in my decades of experience as an Attorney, I simply have NEVER heard of such a situation. Maybe it exists? If so, I would like to see proof.
Thinking about expanding into another area of practice......?

Not for nothing guys, this is why us Lightsiders are NOT invited into the Darkside part of the forum. But....It would be so much fun.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
So then, it sounds like an opportunity. My bikes clearly stated the recommended tires for each bike.

Just because a tire is DOT compliant, doesn’t mean it’s the right tire for the the application.
Couldn't agree more!
All I'm asking for is for SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to show me any proof whatsoever that they suffered insurance denial as a result of car tire use.

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Thinking about expanding into another area of practice......?

Not for nothing guys, this is why us Lightsiders are NOT invited into the Darkside part of the forum. But....It would be so much fun.
Not invited?
I thought anyone could post in that forum? Only that's where all the darksiders assemble, no?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:09 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Couldn't agree more!
All I'm asking for is for SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to show me any proof whatsoever that they suffered insurance denial as a result of car tire use.

Not invited?
I thought anyone could post in that forum? Only that's where all the darksiders assemble, no?
“The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!”

The following users liked this post:
Just Me (04-02-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 09:10 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,738 Likes on 2,472 Posts

“The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!”
Yes we can only say nice things there, what fun is that?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:13 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by hellonewman
Yes we can only say nice things there, what fun is that?
...exactly...

Old 04-01-2018, 09:17 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Totally get that.
I am not some cheerleader for car tires on motor-sickles. Never ran one, not planning too.
All I am asking for is that someone somewhere, show me SOME evidence that insurance coverage was denied due to the type of rear tire that was installed. Because I simply think it does NOT exist. I just want the plethora of misinformation to stop.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:26 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Totally get that.
I am not some cheerleader for car tires on motor-sickles. Never ran one, not planning too.
All I am asking for is that someone somewhere, show me SOME evidence that insurance coverage was denied due to the type of rear tire that was installed. Because I simply think it does NOT exist. I just want the plethora of misinformation to stop.
My brother heard it From his neighbor who was listening to his Gardner talking to his mother. She has it on high authority from her friend who was talking to her sons motorcycle tire professional who saw it on the Internet.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

My brother heard it From his neighbor who was listening to his Gardner talking to his mother. She has it on high authority from her friend who was talking to her sons motorcycle tire professional who saw it on the Internet.
Yeah....
Pretty much.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:46 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Yeah....
Pretty much.
My business partner is also my Lawyer. I asked him.... he looked at me like I am an idiot. Of course he always does when I talk, so nothing to base anything on there.....

Quick Reply: Car tires