Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TopCoat F11 review.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:11 AM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

I was an automotive painter for 20 years. When I left the industry in late 90s', I had used just about every paint known at the time, from nitrocelluous lacquers, to Urethanes to water borne and just about every cleaner, wax, polish and sealer. Back then the best was Maguires No.7. Today there are lots of good products out there. Recently I tried the S100. It left spots. I have used it once and the bottle hasn't been touched since. I know paint, I know coatings and I'm **** about both. Have been pondering this F11, but you know things up here in Canada cost a whole lot more than down in the states and I'm not about to drop a C-note on a review. I have to see it in action and trouble is, no one else up here has it either nor can get it, at least where I am.

randy

Old 05-04-2018, 11:17 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,272 Likes on 11,143 Posts

What I like about F11. Put on a couple of coats. Then after a ride, if you get it dirty without a lot of build up. It takes 10 minutes to go over the whole bike, and it looks like it was just detailed. Some bugs still take some effort to get off though.

What I don’t like is the price. I just bought 2 kits. So, I’ll see what I think about it before I spend another $100.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:23 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
So, I too have seen what EagleFan posts and how he recommended we all get on the ceramic bandwagon (cQuartz) but had a few questions before dropping $100 for a 30ml bottle. The guy lives an hour away from me. Maybe I should just pay to have him apply his stuff.

Can I use it on just painted surfaces or could I use it on the plexi windshield too? Could you use it on the chrome pieces that don't get hot? ie: nacelle and crash bars...

How many cars can you do with one bottle? or would it be more like one car and one bike?
I would call Corey to see if CQ would work on a windshield.
Coatings are made to adhere to clear coat, not sure if regular CQ would work on chrome but DLux would.

As for how many cars in a bottle. Its been a while since I used CQ, I manly use 22PLE and GlossCoat. I coated a Audi A6 with 2 coats. 30ML bottle and I had more than enough to do another coat. However 22PLE and CQ are different products so I would say that this would be the same for CQ.

On the RG forum there was a similar thread about coatings. A guy wanted something real easy to apply, wouldn't stain trim, longevity, look good, and not crazy priced. I recommend Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I believe its a 12oz bottle for less than $40. You spay the product on a applicator, apply it to the paint in a crosshatch pattern and done. No wiping anything off. Wipe On Walk Away = WOWA product. He did his bike, show car and his DD and still has half left, 3 coats on each vehicle.
He loves look look and ease of applying it. Lots of super high quality products out there, in my experience F11 isn't in that category.
But if you like it use it. I just won't use it on mine or a customers vehicle.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
So, I too have seen what EagleFan posts and how he recommended we all get on the ceramic bandwagon (cQuartz) but had a few questions before dropping $100 for a 30ml bottle. The guy lives an hour away from me. Maybe I should just pay to have him apply his stuff.

Can I use it on just painted surfaces or could I use it on the plexi windshield too? Could you use it on the chrome pieces that don't get hot? ie: nacelle and crash bars...

How many cars can you do with one bottle? or would it be more like one car and one bike?
Honestly, eaglefan1 is here in the thread, so I'll defer to him on most of your questions.

I only applied the coating to the painted surfaces, but after seeing the real world affects of the coating, I'd brush my teeth with the **** if I could. It's that good. I bought the 30ml bottle with the Reload. I had planned to do my bike and the wife's car, but the order did not ship with the Reload from Amazon. So I did the bike because I had already prepped the paint, thinking I would just get them to send me the Reload. They wouldn't do that. They wanted me to send the "kit" back to them, even though I had used part of it. Works for me. I put CQuartz on my bike for free. Judging by the amount used, I would have had enough to do my bike and the car from the 30ml bottle.

If he was within driving distance, I would absolutely pay to have him correct the paint and apply the coating the first time. Even if I stood there watching and learning. It would be worth the price of the service just to learn from a professional. That being said, it's not that difficult.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
What I like about F11. Put on a couple of coats. Then after a ride, if you get it dirty without a lot of build up. It takes 10 minutes to go over the whole bike, and it looks like it was just detailed. Some bugs still take some effort to get off though.

What I don’t like is the price. I just bought 2 kits. So, I’ll see what I think about it before I spend another $100.
Brother there is so much better out there. For that much coin, bugs shouldn't take any effort at all and you shouldn't have to use it that frequently.

I don't sell anything or do I get kickbacks for selling anything. I do recommend you take a look at some quality products. If you do the F11 will be on the back shelf.

A quality sealant say costs $40 for 12 OZ. That can cover a car 8-10 times maybe more. 3 months is avg longevity. On the low side your talking 1 1/2 years.

I just don't get the hype this product gets. Lot better stuff out there that last longer, looks better and is cheaper.

Last edited by eaglefan1; 05-04-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:34 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Glad you like the results of the CQ! They do make cleaning so much easier, and you don't have to apply them a few times to get the results you want.
Thank you for all the help. I was very nervous taking it out on the road trip without top coating it with Reload prior, but I really didn't have any choice. It all seems to have worked out. With the results I've seen from this, I may splurge on the 22PLE for the wife's car.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:24 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Thank you for all the help. I was very nervous taking it out on the road trip without top coating it with Reload prior, but I really didn't have any choice. It all seems to have worked out. With the results I've seen from this, I may splurge on the 22PLE for the wife's car.
22PLE is my favorite for the coatings I have used. There are a lot I haven't tried yet though.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Crabchuck
Road Master
Received 622 Likes on 317 Posts

I use F11 on my glass shower doors. I will say it's a fantastic product, but way over hyped and even more over priced. I might give $50 for the gallon container, but no way am I paying what they're asking right now. But I jump on all the sample deals.

For normal leaning I've been a big fan of Griot's Garage products for years. Glad to see them on the shelves of major retailers now!

Old 05-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

Eaglefan is this the 22ple

https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquartz-30-Ml-Kit/dp/B005DZJ7VA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525526595&sr=8-1&keywords=22ple https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquartz-30-Ml-Kit/dp/B005DZJ7VA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525526595&sr=8-1&keywords=22ple

Is it easy to apply?
And any special prep needed before applying?
Sorry not meaning to hijack....

Last edited by Tarkus60; 05-05-2018 at 08:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Budda109 (05-06-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 11:15 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tarkus60
Eaglefan is this the 22ple

https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquart...keywords=22ple

Is it easy to apply?
And any special prep needed before applying?
Sorry not meaning to hijack....
Negative. That is CQuartz, very good product
This is what I use mostly, 22PLE

https://www.detailedimage.com/22ple-...1114/30-ml-S1/

Quick Reply: Another TopCoat F11 review.