Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TopCoat F11 review.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 11:22 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabchuck
I use F11 on my glass shower doors. I will say it's a fantastic product, but way over hyped and even more over priced. I might give $50 for the gallon container, but no way am I paying what they're asking right now. But I jump on all the sample deals.

For normal leaning I've been a big fan of Griot's Garage products for years. Glad to see them on the shelves of major retailers now!
Griots makes some nice products. Their new compounds and polishes get very good reviews, I haven't tried them. I have one of their polishers, first 1 **** the bed after about 6 years. Sent it back and got a new one with their lifetime warranty.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Mad Jasper
Cruiser
Received 139 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarkus60
I use bugslide and love it. But I have been waiting for a honest review of F11.
I may have to give it a try.
Thanks for the review.
My dad wanted to try it so I bought us a double pack. It set in my garage for months before using it. But so far, I like it.

Two weeks ago, I cleaned up my 2006 Stratoliner S and used F11. Before I walked in the door of the HD dealer to inquire about my FLHTK, another shopper was interested. The salesman said it was one of the cleanest and shiniest rides he taken on trade. I have some pics in the new member's area after using it on my FLHTK last weekend. This week, it took about 10 minutes to wipe off the dust and bug juice, And I have only used about half of the tiny bottle - haven't touched the big bottle yet.

So far, I am impressed even with the costs. But I really need to see how it works 6 months to a year from now.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:11 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mad Jasper
My dad wanted to try it so I bought us a double pack. It set in my garage for months before using it. But so far, I like it.

Two weeks ago, I cleaned up my 2006 Stratoliner S and used F11. Before I walked in the door of the HD dealer to inquire about my FLHTK, another shopper was interested. The salesman said it was one of the cleanest and shiniest rides he taken on trade. I have some pics in the new member's area after using it on my FLHTK last weekend. This week, it took about 10 minutes to wipe off the dust and bug juice, And I have only used about half of the tiny bottle - haven't touched the big bottle yet.

So far, I am impressed even with the costs. But I really need to see how it works 6 months to a year from now.
Read the whole thread. Don't get caught in the "Marketing Hype". Lots of top tier stuff out there. Lots of products that me and any other detailer would recommend before TC.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Mad Jasper
Cruiser
Received 139 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Read the whole thread. Don't get caught in the "Marketing Hype". Lots of top tier stuff out there. Lots of products that me and any other detailer would recommend before TC.
I did. I've already begun researching CQuartz. I am not set on F11 but since I have over a bottle left I will use it. I am always open to other's opinions. I just want to share my thoughts so far.

Last edited by Mad Jasper; 05-05-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:49 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mad Jasper
I did. I've already begun researching CQuartz. I am not set on F11 but since I have over a bottle left I will use it. I am always open to other's opinions. I just want to share my thoughts so far.
Good deal. Its good to keep a open mind about detailing products. If you don't want to go the coating route there are some great sealants out also. Go to some of the detailing forums and see what the guys are using to get some different views. Coatings are great for what they are designed to do which is to protect the paint and looks.
Machine polishing the paint is a step that can not be overlooked in this discussion. A swirled up mess will be a swirled up mess no matter what LSP is used.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:26 AM
GrayHex
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I landed on F11 researching a product to use with my denim paint job. I have half a garage full of Meguiar's and other products, but I am sticking with F11 despite the cost for one reason: I can use it on the entire bike.

Denim paint, black paint, chrome, plastic, seat, tire walls, etc. I get that there is a better product out there for each of those areas - I have most of them in my garage! - but for ease of use I have trouble seeing how it could be beat as an all in one solution.

I bring the small bottle you get in the set deal along on every ride. If I do something stupid (like spill gas on my tank), I can take care of it on the spot. On a multi-day ride, I can pretty up my bike on the side of the road with two micro fiber cloths but without water, since it acts like a cleaner, too.

I even use it on my helmet visor now. Its the fastest way to clean off bugs that I know and my visor is in pristine condition afterwards.

Expensive? - Yes!
Best for everything? - No!
Great all in one solution (especially for denim paint)? - Absolutely!

Last edited by GrayHex; 05-06-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:52 AM
1LargeDog
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

I tried Topcoat. I felt it to be a "watered down" sealer, especially at the price. I usually use Klasse sealer from auto geeks. When pouring it on a wiper you can feel it is a thicker product. Klasse does a great job on my Mustang. I also use Chemical guy products. Great stuff and they have a huge assortment of products.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Budda109
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks for all the insight. I will use up what I have for now. A lot of the sealants and finish protectors are better. At least from what I have found on forums where the members detail collector Cars, Boats, Trucks. My bike has always stayed clean. After waxing or polishing I tend to clean up with Bug Slide when I am on rides. F11 is hyped. Plenty of better cleaners out there. So far I have not found anything listed here or anywhere that is as easy, simple and fast to use. If I am in my garage and I want to spend some quality time with my bike. Which I love to do BTW. I will use other cleaners. Crank up the music. Drink a chilly beverage. But on most days. I now seem to be able to spay whip and move on with my day. This does not make it worth the cost. It makes it worth my time. Who knows maybe that's the same thing. Ride safe.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:28 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Budda109
Thanks for all the insight. I will use up what I have for now. A lot of the sealants and finish protectors are better. At least from what I have found on forums where the members detail collector Cars, Boats, Trucks. My bike has always stayed clean. After waxing or polishing I tend to clean up with Bug Slide when I am on rides. F11 is hyped. Plenty of better cleaners out there. So far I have not found anything listed here or anywhere that is as easy, simple and fast to use. If I am in my garage and I want to spend some quality time with my bike. Which I love to do BTW. I will use other cleaners. Crank up the music. Drink a chilly beverage. But on most days. I now seem to be able to spay whip and move on with my day. This does not make it worth the cost. It makes it worth my time. Who knows maybe that's the same thing. Ride safe.
Look into some waterless wash. Sounds like exactly what you are looking for. Ultima, Wolfgang, Blackfire, just to name a few.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:36 PM
jdh10769
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

anyone have any knowledge about ceramic pro? currently use bugslide in between rides, wash and wax with chem. guys then collinite wax. a few ceramic pro installers around CT but don't know much about it

Quick Reply: Another TopCoat F11 review.