Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TopCoat F11 review.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 03:56 PM
twohawks
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn -hate to hear that.
I rabbit holed this F11 quite a bit before conducting my application. Seems to me there's only a couple products out there marketed as "treatment" for the finish on your vehicle, i.e., treatment that feeds, strengthens, protects -kinds of things.

. The most popular ones seem to be a couple that use a type of ceramic content base (forget the names offhand, but everyone knows them), and then this F11. Seems to me the logical thing would be to use a treatment like one of these products for feeding and toughening the finish, and then the rest of the time you wash and wax as you normally might do for that killer shine. Of course, you don't want shine for denim/matte finishes, but you do want to protect them. There's not many products for these matte finishes (that I know of). As far as this F11 goes, I saw a number of applications to denim finishes that look great -protection (I assume) and with no shine. I think that if applied per the written instructions, and not what's in the videos, it will do what it says.

I am not keen on going for a differnt treatment until I can find out if I can rectify the mottling first.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:39 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 762 Posts

"Treatment" isn't a word used in detailing. On single stage maybe with a glaze were it puts oils back into the paint.
Gyeon, Dr Beasleys are the companies you need to look at for matte finishes. Of course this would of helped a lot more before your misfortune.
Ive stated my opinion about this stuff to many times. Everyone pretty much knows where I stand on it.
Now, we have to figure out how to get that crap of your bike and bring it back.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 PM
twohawks
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, okay -I have not read everything in these threads here.

I had written you a reply/question in another thread -your reply here sort of addresses it.

I have read (and/or seen videos) on this F11 and one to two other products, one of them employing some sort of ceramic and another employing some sort of poly-somethingorother, that are present as penetrating the surface finish and then somehow affecting things like strengthening, 'making up for' surface flaws on an almost micro-scale ...sh-t like that. this is what I meant using the word "treatment" (for lack of a better, or what would be the 'right' word??).

I'll be reading more. I think figuring this out is going to take some time. I gotta say, it seems to me that the blemish appearance is a very close to the surface affect, i.e., its not like the paint (job) is scratched or its something 'deep' in there, so I would think that, unless there is a surface coating that has been somehow modified bby the product, then the affect should be able to be removed, and the original surface continuity (?word) restored at some point.

HD tried a detailing for me with no luck. I know one of the products they employed is specifically sold there for denim finishes, and they said its the only thing they'd use on it. The product manufacturer finally responded to my inquiry. Nothing meaningful as yet to report on.

I appreciate your, and everyone's input. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:22 PM
jsrracing
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I like f-11 it just works so i dont have to

Old 07-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Hollywood1317
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Adams products work great for me. The spray wax is amazing.