Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fp3 Not Autotuning 08 Harley-Davidson Models

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 10:38 AM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Fp3 Not Autotuning 08 Harley-Davidson Models anybody else?

I am looking for other 08 Harley-Davidson owners who use the V&H FP3 that are having issues with Autotune. I have an 08 Ultra Classic and no matter what map i run and try to autotune it refuses to fully learn ( green cell) and will only partially learn to 25% tps. When i autotune it keeps saying my engine is too cold 3.0f which I know is incorrect because when i check temperature its well above 200f and usually around 230f degrees so definitely not too cold. Last summer i was part of a group on here that had the autotune issues and we thought it got resolved by changing O2 voltage to.8 volts but that has now became a no go after one of the recent updates from V&H. I called V&H about this issue and they said im The first to to have this issue . This is what an hour of riding looks like on autotune and I know this is not how it should be and so far Vance and HInes has not really trying to help resolve this issue so if anyone else is having problems please chime in so that can refer V&H to this thread also call V&H and tell them because as of now it doesn’t seem that they are interested in resolving this issue

Last edited by SFinley70; 05-16-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Tile fix
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Big Block 17
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm surprised to hear the response you're getting from V&H. I've used the FP3 on 3 different bikes and when ever I had any kind of problem, they had me upload my info to them via the FP3. They stayed in touch with me until the issue was solved. Contact them by email thru their web site. You'll get someone that specializes in electronic devices replying to you. He will tell you what you need to do.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:56 PM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

V&H customer service has always tried to resolve any issues I've had. They normally monitor this forum and respond directly to the OP... I would give them another call. Be sure to get the techs name. It may help if you can speak with the same tech each time. Upload the map you are trying to autotune to their server using the app. I would also post in this part of the forum... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-injection-55/
Please let us know if or when you were able to resolve the issue.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vance...?highlight=FP3

Here is the old thread Fin...
I hope there's a solution.
I still haven't had a chance to run another autotune but the last attempt was pointless..
hopefully V&H will chime in..
may want to move this to their forum on here

Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uncle Fuzzy
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vance...?highlight=FP3

Here is the old thread Fin...
I hope there's a solution.
I still haven't had a chance to run another autotune but the last attempt was pointless..
hopefully V&H will chime in..
may want to move this to their forum on here
Thanks Fuzzy 👍🏻

Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

I have had nothing but 100% support from V&H. Called them yesterday to tweak my map, and before I was off the phone they had it done and downloaded to my FP3. Give them another call, and ask them to look at your map; just a suggestion.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:46 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Originally Posted by diggerv
V&H customer service has always tried to resolve any issues I've had. They normally monitor this forum and respond directly to the OP... I would give them another call. Be sure to get the techs name. It may help if you can speak with the same tech each time. Upload the map you are trying to autotune to their server using the app. I would also post in this part of the forum... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-injection-55/
Please let us know if or when you were able to resolve the issue.
Appreciat chiming in here. I have called into Vance and Hines multiple times and at first it seemed all good. They initially said they believed it was the Fp3 malfunctioning so they sent another one but the same issues with the new one that arrived. I spoke with a tech and he had me check O2 voltage on front and rear while on the phone with him and both checked out good. He said he would have to talk to 2 other techs and call me back. That was 3 days ago and i have yet to hear anything. I would just like to be able to use this thing for the reason I bought it in the first place. Uncle Fizzy posted a link from our previous issues (thread) with autotune in which Chris Neely was helping out but i guess he no longer works there. I have tried the previous solution with 02 voltage and now it doesn’t work so im stuck. All in all i like the Fp3 but Autotune was the main reading I purchased it over other tuners since im not so savy in that area. Again appreciate the reply back and i will for now on make sure im talking to same tech so I’m not starting from scratch each time

Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I have had nothing but 100% support from V&H. Called them yesterday to tweak my map, and before I was off the phone they had it done and downloaded to my FP3. Give them another call, and ask them to look at your map; just a suggestion.
Thanks, i will give them a call first thing tomorrow when they open. I have a funeral to ride to a state away Saturday so hoping for some resolve before i have to take off on that ride

Old 05-16-2018, 08:24 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

I moved this theae over to tuners , injection area. Thanks for suggestion on moving to more appropriate area

Old 05-16-2018, 09:07 PM
scooper321
Road Master
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

I have the FP3 on my 07 Road King and while the autotune works, it always says I'm 3 degrees cold, too. I've learned to just ignore that message. I don't know why it says that, but I'm betting it has nothing to do with why you can't get both cylinders tuned and cells green.

Quick Reply: Fp3 Not Autotuning 08 Harley-Davidson Models