Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of your packed touring bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

I went on a 30 day and a 17 day ride, but I ride solo.
I carry clothes I use daily and my DOP kit with my personal hygiene items in a waterproof bag behind me in the passenger seat.
In the tour pak, I carry a soft sided cooler for water and wine, plastic wine glass and wine opener, a ditty bag for bike stuff like sun screen, chap stick, ear plugs, tire gauge, kick stand plate for soft dirt, ear plugs, camera & charger, and EZ Pass Transponder.

RH Saddlebag: Rain gear, first aid kit, 12 V air compressor, clear visor for rain days, and some towels to wipe bike off in AM.
LH Saddlebag: This is where I pack stuff I might need for colder weather like my jacket, sweater, and sometimes a bike cover.

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:19 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TStew1
Isn't it uncomfortable sitting on your dog?
Would not leave home without FeeFee as the OL calls it.

Originally Posted by MikeBel
I'd be very concerned about that cooler bag blocking the main brake light & turn signals, as well as the plate. That's a lot of protection to give up and may not be legal. Thoughts?
I have all LED lighting on Bike, Run, Brake Turn lights installed in Tour Pack, A 16 inch LED brake light bar wired and attached to the back of the rack and the run turn brake model that flashs for brake lights. Trust me plenty of brake light. If they don't see me stooping now the addition of the factory tail light is not going to make a difference.. As for the Licence plate. I agree that some officer somewhere, someday will probably make an issue of it and I should probably go ahead and mount it to the back of the rack when I have it on and wire and LED licence plate light to it. Would be very east to do. As stated in a previous post though I traveled 2 weeks last summer, including crossing the boarder into Canada and back, with no problems. I even mentioned it to one of the boarder agents because the plate reader wouldn't pick it up and he said no problem as it won't pick up on half these bikes anyway.

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
License plate looks blocked. I would agree that exposing ALL lights in back is not to be sacrificed.

But if this is the OP's house in the background then....

1) NICE house.
2) NICE boat.
3) NICE bike.
4) Freaking nice gal in back.

Man - o - man did this OP play his cards right!!!!

BuzzCap7
Thank!

Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts
Old 06-12-2018, 07:33 PM
DT239
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of miles between you all and very impressive how you all pack and what you pack One day hopefully in the near future

Old 06-12-2018, 09:09 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

We’re still on the road, traveling across the USA . Started in So.Cal and currently in New Hampshire, going to start heading down coast to Key West , been on the road for about a month with a month to go to make it back to So.Cal then back home to Hawaii.

The following 2 users liked this post by DandSPro:
Dr. Tiki (06-12-2018), Peter Griffin (08-15-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:18 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Right bag is for tools, everything from my pockets, drinks, charger, etc, quick grab stuff for gass stops. Left bag is rain gear. Everything else in the quick detach luggage. Full face helmet for the rain.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:19 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Rode to TN for this week. Here’s a shot of our bikes after riding down under the New River Gorge Bridge and back out the other side on the trip down.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,924 Likes on 2,566 Posts

Leaving for 6 weeks on the road in 2013. I like to keep it neat, oh and this was riding two up. We planned on doing laundry once a week, so we packed 7 days of clothes, rinse and repeat. The doing laundry thing gets old when on vacation, but a fair sacrifice to be on the road for 6 weeks. We went from Long Island to Nova Scotia for a wedding, to Sturgis, Yellowstone, Idaho up to Glacier NP, route 2 back east to Milwaukee for the 110th, then back home. Time of our lives. Standard tools plus a few extras like fix-a-flat. Road Side Assistance a must and we used it at the Canadian border. Besides that one glitch, which we didn't even miss a day, she did a tick over 10k miles and would have done another 10k. Also we did a three hole oil change around 5.5k miles.

I am ready for another trip likes that.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:50 AM
wsmallri
4th Gear
Default FXD Touring Setup

Valley Forge to Alaska--2002. Bought Electra Glide after getting home....had my tooth fillings re-tightened too !!

Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Richard K.
Intermediate

Last week. Blue Ridge Parkway.

Quick Reply: Pics of your packed touring bike!