Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of your packed touring bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Pics of your packed touring bike!

There's already some great info on this site about *what* to pack, but how about how to pack it all?

Since touring season is upon us, how about we post shots of what our rides look like fully packed, plus any written advice we may have for what we put where?

I'll post mine before heading out in a week or two, as well as a during and after shot. Could be interesting and helpful (helpful to me, for sure, since I'm fairly new to MC touring!)

Last edited by Z; 06-05-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 PM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Soft cooler on trailer hitch rack has almost all clothes. Right saddlebag is tools, cooler(This one is for cold drinks..lol), zip ties, bungie cords and couple of small cargo nets. Left saddle bag is raingear couple pair of jeans and flip flops. Your pack is cpap machine, tablet, portable jump stsrt, make up bag, cleaning rags and all the other micilanus stuff that stays in organizer all the time. Tour pack rack bag is camera bag, clear visor with pinlock, phone chargers, sunscreen, bandanas and other light items. If it's gona be really hot I will use one of the small cargo nets and strap my half helmet on top of the bag. Gloves in lower ratings. Spare plugs, spare sunglasses, reading glasses, ink pin, keys, and sunscreen chapstick all in windshield bag....probaly left some stuff out but hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 PM
dB Zac
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My king loaded to bare

My king

Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

Two week trips.....tools on the bottom of both saddle bags, rain gear on top of tools....daily "stuff" on top of rain gear.....
clothes packed into vacuum bags one day per bag....X 7 days.....seventh day wash clothes at hotel ....and that's for two people......mostly T-shirts HD jacket with cold weather insert ( just in case )..... and. You see the results.....(we do not camp)....vacuum bags are great as we put new clothes on, the dirty ones go in and pack extremely small.....

Old 06-05-2018, 10:44 PM
ieatchickens
Road Warrior
Received 608 Likes on 309 Posts

7 day trip solo. Rocky Taconite showing his approval.

Pack clothes I am planning to throw away soon because of wear, holes or stains and chunk at the end of each day. (t shirts, underwear, socks) Vacuum sealed clothes for each day to keep dry. Pack one or two less shirts than I need because I know I will buy one on the road somewhere as a souvenir.

Tools, extra bungee, zip ties, duct tape, siphon tube with bottle, rain gear etc in the saddle bags. Clothes, shoes, sleeping bag and toiletries in the T Bag.

Last edited by ieatchickens; 06-05-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:43 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,830 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Man, you guys take too much ****!
IMHO that is. Hauling cold drinks?!? Why not stop along the way & buy one at a local “shop and rob”?

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (06-08-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Oko
Man, you guys take too much ****!
IMHO that is. Hauling cold drinks?!? Why not stop along the way & buy one at a local “shop and rob”?
There is not always a store where i go and when i want a drink. We also cary food sometimes and picnic along the way. All just depens on the route for the day. When i say i love to ride back raods, i mean it. I like to be close needing an enduro bike...lol. but in the end your probably right, we carry to much but I can so why not?

Last edited by rockhousebadboy; 06-06-2018 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:24 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by rockhousebadboy

Soft cooler on trailer hitch rack has almost all clothes. Right saddlebag is tools, cooler(This one is for cold drinks..lol), zip ties, bungie cords and couple of small cargo nets. Left saddle bag is raingear couple pair of jeans and flip flops. Your pack is cpap machine, tablet, portable jump stsrt, make up bag, cleaning rags and all the other micilanus stuff that stays in organizer all the time. Tour pack rack bag is camera bag, clear visor with pinlock, phone chargers, sunscreen, bandanas and other light items. If it's gona be really hot I will use one of the small cargo nets and strap my half helmet on top of the bag. Gloves in lower ratings. Spare plugs, spare sunglasses, reading glasses, ink pin, keys, and sunscreen chapstick all in windshield bag....probaly left some stuff out but hope this helps.
We are getting ready to do a ride to Yellowstone next month and I have a trailer but was thinking about the rack like the one you have. I am wondering how it works for you because I was thinking about what you have in yours clothes. Do you have any problems with the rack and what is the brand you got, I have been looking at the RIVCO.
Thanks.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
We are getting ready to do a ride to Yellowstone next month and I have a trailer but was thinking about the rack like the one you have. I am wondering how it works for you because I was thinking about what you have in yours clothes. Do you have any problems with the rack and what is the brand you got, I have been looking at the RIVCO.
Thanks.
i have a Kuryakyn rack like his and it works good but it blocks my brake lights so I have to watch how high I pack because I don’t have a tour pack light set up on my FLHTC

Old 06-06-2018, 08:54 AM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

My Ultra and son-in-laws Glide on our annual solo trip out west. 15 days until we head out again. This will be year 7.

Quick Reply: Pics of your packed touring bike!