Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Afraid of future Touring’s getting solid mount and two balances (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1238394-afraid-of-future-touringis-getting-solid-mount-and-two-balances.html)

22duke 06-13-2018 12:23 PM

Afraid of future Touring’s getting solid mount and two balances

Currently a happy Low Rider S owner. But I have tried the new M8 Street and Road Glide Specails severall times now, and have decided that I have to have a Road Glide Special in 19, when I get 50 🤠. It’s just an awesome awesome bike, I am totally in 😍 . The old Glide models was for me, just to much of a paint shaker, and my “OCD” couldn’t handle seeing all that metal and plastic, flabbing and shaking around. The vibes and the feel of the new M8 V-Twin on the new Touring models, is just spot on. But after also having tried and tested the new Softail series, that left me, pretty cold, I am afraid that MOCO in future will give the Touring line the same cure.
Solid mount engine and two balances 😣
What do you think 🤔

dribble 06-13-2018 01:25 PM

Don’t be afraid. Everything will be alright.

Cozz 06-13-2018 02:37 PM

There will be enough shaking bikes around to last the rest of your lifetime. Don’t be afraid!:icon_laugh:

Vernal 06-13-2018 02:41 PM

I hope they have a color you fall in love with.

Veekness 06-13-2018 04:17 PM

What do I think? If you have a problem with vibration, I doubt if a Harley Davidson is your motorcycle. That's the nature of the beast, from time immemorial. I see a Gold Wing in your future. No offense meant, but sheesh...

hbsoldier3 06-13-2018 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by 22duke (Post 17433449)
Currently a happy Low Rider S owner. But I have tried the new M8 Street and Road Glide Specails severall times now, and have decided that I have to have a Road Glide Special in 19, when I get 50 🤠. It’s just an awesome awesome bike, I am totally in 😍 . The old Glide models was for me, just to much of a paint shaker, and my “OCD” couldn’t handle seeing all that metal and plastic, flabbing and shaking around. The vibes and the feel of the new M8 V-Twin on the new Touring models, is just spot on. But after also having tried and tested the new Softail series, that left me, pretty cold, I am afraid that MOCO in future will give the Touring line the same cure.
Solid mount engine and two balances 😣
What do you think 🤔

Man, you let the cat out of the bag.

dyna rider 06-13-2018 04:33 PM

Afraid ?

Just go ahead and get the Road Glide Special. I've had one for about the last 1 1/2 years and think it is the most comfortable bike Harley makes.

ddm502001 06-13-2018 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vernal (Post 17433761)
I hope they have a color you fall in love with.

Man I do too, and maybe one for me to upgrade upon!

lp 06-13-2018 06:07 PM

After riding every softail now made, I agree with the OP. It's not a good vibration. Lets hope they don't put the softail engine in the touring bikes.... and I'm betting they won't. ;)

roussfam 06-13-2018 06:16 PM

Just buy a used 2017 when you turn 50