Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get a NEW STREET GLIDE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:38 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Maloney
Hey all,

a bunch i've looked at have 35,xxx miles, plus, and they are still going for 15 grand? crazy. Then i stopped by a dealer today and they have 3K off a brand new one. comes with the warranty and all. id rather not get a new one, its just crazy expensive, but i can if needed.

i need advise on if i should just buy new, keep shopping around till i find a good deal on a used one, and what to stay away from? are they good bikes? i'm 5'8, am i too small for one?

Thanks for all the help everyone
Your looking in the wrong places ... AND you make no mention of the year you are quoting 15k with 30k miles.
You can pick up a NICE low mileage 2015/14 Street Glide for 15k , if you think that is too much, consider another brand. Its a buyers market.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:47 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

If you have to ask our opinions,your not ready .

Old 06-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I’ve noticed lately that most of the guys who don't wave back to me are on Street Glides. So be careful. You might become a badass. too good to wave back at bikes with saddleguards.
Been waving (usually first) at everything on three-wheels or fewer...

Old 06-23-2018, 06:55 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Why ask anyone? Do you freakin' want it or not? I see women who can't weigh more than a buck thirty riding one. Yes, they probably had seat work done, but if that is all you do to it, you are way more frugal than most here. I paid 15K for my new to me years ago and it didn't have 5000 miles on it, plus had over 4k in adds. It's been a great bike and all I have done is regular maintenance, add way too many mods and ride it.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Ex-Leftcoaster
Banned
Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Go rent a new one. Take it wherever you want, even a long ride. At the end of the day, you'll know if you want one. If you do want one, the rent will be a freebie towards the purchase.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:14 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,400 Likes on 21,386 Posts

Hey all,

i just sold my 08 Street Bob, was thinking of getting a supermoto, but then i saw a street glide today and it changed my mind. I know absolutely nothing about Street Glides. My question is, are they worth it? should i get a new one?

a bunch i've looked at have 35,xxx miles, plus, and they are still going for 15 grand? crazy. Then i stopped by a dealer today and they have 3K off a brand new one. comes with the warranty and all. id rather not get a new one, its just crazy expensive, but i can if needed.

i need advise on if i should just buy new, keep shopping around till i find a good deal on a used one, and what to stay away from? are they good bikes? i'm 5'8, am i too small for one?

The obvious question "Have you ridden one"?
Until then no point in asking everyone on here.
You can answer your own question then.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:35 AM
shrydog
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm 5'6" and started on a Softail Deluxe 11 years ago and now own my third Street Glide. I cant quite flat foot it but have no problems even with a tour pak and 115lb passenger. I recommend going to a dealer that has models available for test rides.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

I’d buy a new one and a used one, that way you don’t run the miles up on the new one.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM
115th FLHXS
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

You’ll be OK at your height. I have a 30” inseam and can flat foot it. Go sit on one with footwear you plan to ride in.

That said, I’m thinking about have the seat lowered an inch as I think it will be more comfortable.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:40 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey all,

i just sold my 08 Street Bob, was thinking of getting a supermoto, but then i saw a street glide today and it changed my mind. I know absolutely nothing about Street Glides. My question is, are they worth it? should i get a new one?

I’m 5’ 7” and ive got a 2012 Street Glide love it, I had a 07 Ultra but wife doesn’t ride anymore so more of a sleeker look

Quick Reply: Should I get a NEW STREET GLIDE?