Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up new SGS. It's f-ing AMAZING!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 PM
matt_eglide
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Check out some of the hidden antenna's that mount under and inside of the front fairing. I haven't had a problem with FM or AM reception since I ditched the one off the back and installed the hidden one in the front. HTH

-Matt

Old 07-19-2018, 01:14 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice Bike! How you like the Wind Splitter windshield? Do you get bobble head effect at hwy speed 60-75 mph?

The following users liked this post:
Old Iron Man (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster
Congrats, awesome lookin scoot.

Before you dump any more money into the boom stuff spend some time in the audio section. I put a JL audio amp and Arc moto's in the fairing for about half the cost of the boom and it will blow it away.
i have to agree 100%, really nice ride, but don’t waste $ on the boom stuff. MUCH MUCH better equipment can be had at a fraction of what that stuff costs. If you’re not happy with the $$ you spent on the stuff you got, why would you buy more.

hear us now, or pay someone later.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:51 PM
gordy67
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

congrats...cool bike

Old 07-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster
Congrats, awesome lookin scoot.

Before you dump any more money into the boom stuff spend some time in the audio section. I put a JL audio amp and Arc moto's in the fairing for about half the cost of the boom and it will blow it away.
Well I can’t take out the Boom stage 2 amp and speakers. They are already installed, and paid for in my deal, but I suppose I could get a better aftermarket amp and speakers for the saddlebags, purchased through the dealers parts dept at 15% off, and have them installed. Would there be any issue with two different amps running off the same radio?

Old 07-19-2018, 03:57 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man
Well I can’t take out the Boom stage 2 amp and speakers. They are already installed, and paid for in my deal, but I suppose I could get a better aftermarket amp and speakers for the saddlebags, purchased through the dealers parts dept at 15% off, and have them installed. Would there be any issue with two different amps running off the same radio?
You can't mix anything aftermarket with the Boom II system that's currently in the bike.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iron25
don't worry, you'll get used to it in no time at all. With that said, i don't mind jumping on my brother's sporty from time to time, and taking it for a spirited ride. It feels like half the bike as mine.
Since I know how much they depreciate, I feel like someday I’ll be one of those guys that adds a used sporty to the “stable”, after someone else took the hit like I did. They are fun once in a wHile. If someone buys my ‘17 from the dealer for around 9k, they’re getting a steal. I have appx 13-14k in it. Although that may be a tough sell to the Mrs, after I’ve been “splainin’” for two days straight about why it was absolutely necessary to spend this ridiculous amount on the SGS!

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Enjoy, in good health. Practice panic stops . Don't slam the rear brake. Avoid skidding with a controlled pressure.
Its got anti lock brakes

Old 07-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigpappa160
Nice Bike! How you like the Wind Splitter windshield? Do you get bobble head effect at hwy speed 60-75 mph?
The 7” wind splitter doesn’t split as much wind as I thought it would. I think I might try the next size up. I like the way mine looks though, so I’m a little torn.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

Originally Posted by matt_eglide
Check out some of the hidden antenna's that mount under and inside of the front fairing. I haven't had a problem with FM or AM reception since I ditched the one off the back and installed the hidden one in the front. HTH

-Matt
thanks I’ll definitel do that. Perhaps I can have them install over the winter at the same time as the second amp and lid speakers in the bags. For now I can just Bluetooth from my iPhone.

Someone told me that if your iphone is plugged in the usb charging port, and you are Bluetooth streaming your playlists, or Spotify, or anything, that it is not charging while doing that. Does anyone know if that’s true? Seems odd. It charges in a car while playing music.

Quick Reply: Picked up new SGS. It's f-ing AMAZING!