Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legend AXEO or Ohlins FKC100 or???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 04:32 PM
chickenhauler
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I just ordered the GP 25MM kit from Howard.
I want to stay around $750-- are the GP 25mm in that range??

Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 PM
jay.weber
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chickenhauler
I see your from Brunswick, I'm from Burton. Who did your install?

MPH in Peninsula ohio. 330.922.8000. I also set it to one turn.

The following users liked this post:
chickenhauler (07-27-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Wmbailey5
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Legends in front and rear

Ride is 2013 RKC with V&H FPS, V&H ovals, SE air filter and everything else stock.

I put the A’s in rear and Axeo’s in front set front at two turns for 200 lb single rider and wife at 120 lbs.

Ride was like a washboard and never smoothed out with the A’s being frequently adjusted.

Went back and adjusted AXEO’s to one turn. No better.

I even called Legends tech directly and he said I had the right set up for one turn.

The bike bounces all over the place when going over bumps and bridge seams etc. the OEM setup was bottoming out and this is now the other extreme.

I am into this for about $1,800 and disappointed.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:14 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

I had Pro-Action install their 13” shocks and a Legends AXEO kit on my RGS. Told em my weight and type of riding I was looking to do. Came back end of the week to pick it up and it’s been smooth riding ever since

lyork (07-28-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 08:10 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

After installing my Pro Action rears and talking to George about the development of their front end package, I would go that route and I have 30mm Ohlin cartridges in now.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:09 PM
chickenhauler
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
After installing my Pro Action rears and talking to George about the development of their front end package, I would go that route and I have 30mm Ohlin cartridges in now.
The way I understood Pro Action the system was just a modified a dampening rod and new spring-----what did they tell you? You would take the Ohlins out for that?

Last edited by chickenhauler; 07-27-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spell
Old 07-28-2018, 06:02 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by chickenhauler
The way I understood Pro Action the system was just a modified a dampening rod and new spring-----what did they tell you? You would take the Ohlins out for that?
The way understood the Pro Action front end configuration is as you stated it. I trust George and crew as they have been doing this for a very long time off road where the conditions are a lot more severe than on the road. Judging from the performance they get out of the rear for the money I would give them a shot first after spending more for progressives in my front end now.

Just my opinion but I think what he was trying to say was $$ wise he would have chosen the PA front end over the Ohlin's. I wouldn't think you would pull that if you already had it installed and paid for. Maybe he will pop in and clarify.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:44 AM
chickenhauler
Cruiser

Originally Posted by todd-67
The way understood the Pro Action front end configuration is as you stated it. I trust George and crew as they have been doing this for a very long time off road where the conditions are a lot more severe than on the road. Judging from the performance they get out of the rear for the money I would give them a shot first after spending more for progressives in my front end now.

Just my opinion but I think what he was trying to say was $$ wise he would have chosen the PA front end over the Ohlin's. I wouldn't think you would pull that if you already had it installed and paid for. Maybe he will pop in and clarify.
I have Pro Action rears, but from my motocross days I know a cartridge system blow away the dampening rod front end. I've had Pro Action set up mine and my sons race bikes. They do great work and I love my shocks but I rarely here bad about Ohlins forks ---that's why I asked. But you are correct $400 with them assembling the forks is the way to go if its close to Ohlins. I wish DJ was on the Forum to explain.

Last edited by chickenhauler; 07-28-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:03 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

I know the rear shocks from Pro Action were quite a bit better for me than the Ohlins 136’s. Now, would I pull the Ohlins on the rear and go with Pro Actions ? I would, they are that much better. Would I pull apart my front end to swap them out, I wouldn’t, it’s a lot more work than I care to do.

chickenhauler (07-28-2018)
Old 01-03-2019, 04:38 PM
adognharley
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GP 25mm?

Hi HB,

Regarding your comment, "I just ordered the GP 25MM kit from Howard".

Is "GP" the name Howard is using for his Ohlin's up-line "Road and Track" cartridge? Or is this something entirely different?

I'm converting my 41mm fork tubes to 49mm. Then I'll use his triple trees and adjustable "Road and Track" cartridges. I just have not decided on 25mm or 30mm yet. But I do not recall hearing him use the name "GP".

Also, have you any experience, or spoken with anyone regarding the difference in feel or performance between the 25mm vs 30mm cartridge?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Legend AXEO or Ohlins FKC100 or???