Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic Solo - tears in vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:43 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Corbin customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced. I have no doubt they’ll fix it for you as long as you buy a new seat.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:25 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by hypecat
I bought a new Corbin Classic Solo and pillion this spring. Yesterday when I took the seat off to wash the bike and apply conditioner to the seat, I noticed it is starting to tear. I believe this is caused by the seat coming in contact with the fender bolts when installing the seat (it rubs). (see attached photos). Has anyone else had this issue?
Its still under warranty they 'should' do a recover at no cost. BUT, dealing with Corbin cust serv is a god awful experience.

-

Old 08-05-2018, 11:41 AM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 43 Posts

The reason, I believe, it is happening is because I followed Corbin's installation instructions by putting in the passenger pillion, then putting on the rider seat (you can't see the rear bracket when doing so. Corbin, even though I brought it to their attention, has yet to do anything.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:45 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

The reason, I believe, it is happening is because I followed Corbin's installation instructions by putting in the passenger pillion, then putting on the rider seat (you can't see the rear bracket when doing so. Corbin, even though I brought it to their attention, has yet to do anything.

that is weird. I always install the rear seat with the front seat on.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:15 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,946 Likes on 2,167 Posts

You kind of left that information out of your previous posts. Nevertheless, are you saying it's impossible to install the driver's seat, with the passenger pillion in place, and not tear the driver's seat? I feel for you, but I think, based on Corbin's less than stellar customer support feedback on these forums, they're going to tell you to pound sand.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:17 AM
hypecat
Tourer

It is impossible to see the bolts/bracket with the pillion in place so when you install the rider's seat you can't see the bolts and it rubs.

I didn't even know you could install the pillion afterward until someone at Corbin said you could. I was just following their directions.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:25 AM
hypecat
Tourer

I now have to more areas where the vinyl is tearing, right above where the saddlebag guard bars attach under the seat. I have tried to repair them with Plasti Dip VLP since Corbin will do nothing to fix the problem.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:53 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,246 Likes on 810 Posts

My Corbin Classic fits my RK quite poorly, as have other Corbin seats I've had on other bikes. A well made seat I've never found them to be. Button type bumpers are out of place or wrong height, pan shape is uneven, etc. But the solo sure looks pretty!

That said, most seats get wear and tear in those areas. Since it generally never seems to progress, I tend to leave it alone. I have fixed tears and cracks in the butt area with Sugru pretty successfully. Probably the most successfully in fact. The likes of liquid tape and such doesn't have enough strength.

Fwiw, I can/have installed my two piece Corbin solo seat both ways. As a solo and then slipping the rear pillion in, and as a single unit. As a single unit it is not as stable and does wiggle and rub on the fender and paint.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:17 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

I now have to more areas where the vinyl is tearing, right above where the saddlebag guard bars attach under the seat. I have tried to repair them with Plasti Dip VLP since Corbin will do nothing to fix the problem.

Same issue w/ the Corbin I bought for the 08. I need to post my story sometime. Its been off the bike all summer as a result. When it was sent in for a 'fix' it came back in worse shape then when it was sent to them. Its ****ing ridiculous. Never again.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:36 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I've had the same issue, you can't see it when it is on so I haven't bothered with it

Quick Reply: Corbin Classic Solo - tears in vinyl?