Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 FLHTK fuel moto 107 clutch slip

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 12:07 PM
buckmc
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 FLHTK fuel moto 107 clutch slip

Hey Harley Brethren,well I screwed myself on this one. when fuel moto tells you din't use synthetic in your primary: WELL DON'T but I tried and sure enough clutch did slip. So I boogied back and swapped it out like really quick. although I don't guess it was fast enough,because it still slips in 6th gear. If you creep up on your throttle,you can get her rolling above 90,but if you jump om it gap it open all at once yep it slip's dammit. Have adjusted the clutch,more then once,and it;s right on the money,and I figured I got this,but in 6th I don't. I'm thinking I might try and change my clutch tension spring first I have heard it through the grapevine this could be the problem,what are the gear-heads though's,please no *** kicking,I've done enough of this still am,so thought's will be fine,and appreciated.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:11 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

If you change the clutch spring your going to have a much harder clutch pull. It's ok at first but gets annoying as hell in stop n go traffic. I tried that route and it just wasn't for me. I ended up going back with the stock spring and installing an AIM VPC. No more slipping no matter how hard you hammer on it. And I still run synthetic oil to boot.
https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-208592...re-clutch.html

Last edited by SBates08; 08-01-2018 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
buckmc (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 PM
buckmc
Tourer

Well thank's Bro i'm going to order that baby,and I take it you have a fuel moto V-Twin,and you run synthetic oil in primary? Like i said look's rite down my alley. thanks again

Old 08-01-2018, 02:39 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Yessir I am running a FM 107. Destroyed 2 clutch cables with the heavy spring before I realized what was causing the issue.

buckmc (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 03:13 PM
buckmc
Tourer

So good to hear that,you are running synthetic in your 107. I was around this room when in 02; Harley was telling everyone to NOT run synthetic oil in their V-Twin because it would flat-spot their roller bearing's. Flash forward to today,and now they have their own synthetic, go figure. I have been a Amsoil Dealer for over 13 year's now,and it is a crying shame what they charge for Amsoil at the stealership. Anyway i did order the VPC from fuel moto,and can't wait to see how she'll run with all going to the rear wheel. What do you run in your primary???.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:42 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

I run Mobil1 in all 3 holes and have done so for humpteen years without any issues.

buckmc (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 04:01 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm running the Energy One clutch with the extra plate and heavy spring. I have no issue with the heavy spring, but I have strong forearms. I called Energy one about oil and they had no issue with me running Amsoil synthetic primary fluid. They just said no synthetic engine oil. Most of the Fuel Moto 107 builds run the Aim clutc, I've never heard of an issue with it. .

buckmc (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 04:43 PM
buckmc
Tourer

SG,yea when I got my build from Fuel Moto,they told me first thing no synthetic in the primary;,which i disagree with because it;s so superior to a regular lubricant. Also being a Amsoil dealer i will go on the record and offer Amsoil product's to all member's on this website. I've done the something to the HOG chapter in Alexandria La,but here's the instalation inst off the link that bro SBates gave me: The Fuel Moto/AIM clutch is the most cost effective & most powerful kit available to upgrade your H-D stock clutch. Developed by Fuel Moto with a specific weight combination to suit our engine packages. Supports 130Hp/130Tq with OEM spring, or 150Hp/150Tq with optional heavy duty spring. Up to 7% reduce clutch lever effort. Up to 40% more additional pressure when locked up.
  • 10 minutes installation (only '98 and later Big Twin models).
  • Better clutch disengagement and feel than stock, Easier to find neutral.
  • Fits behind a stock derby cover and primary cover. No modification required.

Note: Non-stock derby cover (including any special or '03 anniversary cover) and 3 holes derby cover may require a derby cover spacer. Fuel Moto recommends non- Synthetic primary lube.

Product Series

notice last 7 words.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:55 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
I'm running the Energy One clutch with the extra plate and heavy spring. I have no issue with the heavy spring, but I have strong forearms. I called Energy one about oil and they had no issue with me running Amsoil synthetic primary fluid. They just said no synthetic engine oil. Most of the Fuel Moto 107 builds run the Aim clutc, I've never heard of an issue with it. .
Me too. It wasn't what the spring did to my forearms, it's what it did to parts connected to the clutch on the outside of my motorcycle when I used one. Not good. I had the same results as Bates mentioned above, and other negative consequences in addition to. If you haven't had the HD spring for long, keep and eye on your cable and your clutch lever assembly.

buckmc (08-01-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 06:21 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
If you change the clutch spring your going to have a much harder clutch pull. It's ok at first but gets annoying as hell in stop n go traffic. I tried that route and it just wasn't for me. I ended up going back with the stock spring and installing an AIM VPC. No more slipping no matter how hard you hammer on it. And I still run synthetic oil to boot.
https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-208592...re-clutch.html
my experience was the same. when I first got my 107, I tried to cut corners (cost) and go with the se spring. that lasted about a month before I got tired of it and went to the aim/vpc.

buckmc (08-02-2018)

Quick Reply: 2010 FLHTK fuel moto 107 clutch slip