Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Infotainment for 2019 "Boom Box GTS"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 08:06 AM
BuddyK
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So do I understand correctly that I can add the TPMS to my 2017 SGS by just buying the tire sensors from HD and having the dealer flash the bike to make it operable? Or is a dealer flash needed? This just sounds to simple to not be an add on in the P&A book for the newer bikes??
Thanks

Old 12-20-2018, 10:47 AM
serioussv3n
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Correct!
2017 and newer only need the tire sensors.
2014-2016 needs also a newer BCM.
A dealer flash is required to activate the feature in BCM and Boom System. And if you have the gauges from CVO models, you can also activate the LED indicator in the gauge (If you have the CVO gauges, you need to check it. The LED indicator is only available on newer version of this gauge. From 2016 and newer)

Photo was taken from my 2015 Street Glide.
System dont shows the tire pressure yet, because i dont installed the sensores now.

Last edited by serioussv3n; 12-20-2018 at 10:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
guru.v (01-22-2019)
Old 12-20-2018, 11:28 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyK
So do I understand correctly that I can add the TPMS to my 2017 SGS by just buying the tire sensors from HD and having the dealer flash the bike to make it operable? Or is a dealer flash needed? This just sounds to simple to not be an add on in the P&A book for the newer bikes??
Thanks
I'm with you on this one seems to easy, but sometimes it really is. Here are the part numbers front and rear: 32700096 & 32700096

Should be able to get them for around $160 for both.

Originally Posted by serioussv3n
Correct!
2017 and newer only need the tire sensors.
2014-2016 needs also a newer BCM.
A dealer flash is required to activate the feature in BCM and Boom System. And if you have the gauges from CVO models, you can also activate the LED indicator in the gauge (If you have the CVO gauges, you need to check it. The LED indicator is only available on newer version of this gauge. From 2016 and newer)

Photo was taken from my 2015 Street Glide.
System dont shows the tire pressure yet, because i dont installed the sensores now.

I'd be more impressed if you had a picture with the sensors installed and it showing tire pressure.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:49 PM
BuddyK
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the info. I'm really surprised it's that easy. Getting the flash at the dealer may be another story though.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:25 PM
serioussv3n
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

When i get the sensors, i can make a new photo which showing the tire pressure.

welch82 (12-26-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 02:43 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by serioussv3n
When i get the sensors, i can make a new photo which showing the tire pressure.
Cool. That will be the only real way to know if it actually works.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 AM
doclau66
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmichelena
I have the Boom GTS from Sven on way. The BCM (41000087e kit (includes BCM 41000341e)) and ECM (41000599) will be here by end of next week. My Technoresearch Centurion Super is updated with 2019 licensing. Let's see.

I've confirmed the 2019 ECM has a different operating system and software level (921). What is the GTS looking for? VIN? I can load a different VIN into this ECM. Fingers crossed....

http://technoresearch.com/index.php/...rion-super-pro

Hi, I received the boombox gts. I connected it without problem to the bike. But when I Turn on ignition, i ve this message on the boombox. I think the boombox is looking for the VIN. Impossible to activate it with Diag4Bike. If somebody has idea of what to do...

Old 12-28-2018, 08:29 AM
doclau66
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmichelena
I have the Boom GTS from Sven on way. The BCM (41000087e kit (includes BCM 41000341e)) and ECM (41000599) will be here by end of next week. My Technoresearch Centurion Super is updated with 2019 licensing. Let's see.

I've confirmed the 2019 ECM has a different operating system and software level (921). What is the GTS looking for? VIN? I can load a different VIN into this ECM. Fingers crossed....

http://technoresearch.com/index.php/...rion-super-pro
I ve a roadglide special 2018

Hi, I received the boombox gts. I connected it without problem to the bike. But when I Turn on ignition, i ve this message on the boombox. I think the boombox is looking for the VIN. Impossible to activate it with Diag4Bike. If somebody has idea of what to do...i

Old 12-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Kacowboy
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here are my questions about the new system.

1. Will the screen completely black out, with the radio and navigation still on then reappear when you are 2 miles out from your next turn?
2. Will it Bluetooth to my current UCLEAR unit on my helmet and give me Radio, MP3s, Navigation, and be able to talk on my phone?
3. Can it download and flash a new tune into the ECM after I make performance changes to the bike.
4. Can it autotune the bike after I make performance changes for optimal performance.
5. Does it have a camera mounted into the front of the faring so I can record rides onto a SD card, or go on Facebook live so others can see me ride.
6. Can I make a Facebook Video Phone Call to me wife as I am riding, so she can see me.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:10 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Kacowboy
Here are my questions about the new system.

1. Will the screen completely black out, with the radio and navigation still on then reappear when you are 2 miles out from your next turn?
2. Will it Bluetooth to my current UCLEAR unit on my helmet and give me Radio, MP3s, Navigation, and be able to talk on my phone?
3. Can it download and flash a new tune into the ECM after I make performance changes to the bike.
4. Can it autotune the bike after I make performance changes for optimal performance.
5. Does it have a camera mounted into the front of the faring so I can record rides onto a SD card, or go on Facebook live so others can see me ride.
6. Can I make a Facebook Video Phone Call to me wife as I am riding, so she can see me.
As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say - "You ask a lot of questions for somebody from Virginia!"

1. Huh? Never seen that on my 6.5GT - haven't heard of it happening on the GTS (yet).

2. Only if you have the WHiM module installed. If UClear uses standard BT protocols it should pair,...BUT...no stereo sound. (Same with Cardo & Sena)

3/4. You can tune a piano but you can't tune a fish, or an ECM with it.

5. No, but if you buy the Sony XAV AX5000 package from Volunteer Audio it has an input for a back-up camera that you could hook into the wiring of a back-up kit if you installed one.

6. No, but I hear that they're coming out with a GTS-M that features a flip-up faceplate with a mimi-microwave inside.

Last edited by FurryOne; 12-28-2018 at 04:13 PM.
250starbuck (08-24-2019)

Quick Reply: New Infotainment for 2019 "Boom Box GTS"