Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INNOVV C5 or K2 dash cameras

Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM
rfulford
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, I just placed my order with INNOVV for the K2 and a data card. Paypal confirmed the payment, and I have received their acknowlogement for the order. Cant wait to see how long it takes to get to Texas from China. Hopefully they will ship from someplace already in the US.

How did you run your wires under the gas tank? Did you have to take it off or just snake them thru? What wire did you connect your yellow wire to for keyed switch power?
Thanks for all your help and the time to answer our questions and make the videos.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:51 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer
Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by rfulford
Well, I just placed my order with INNOVV for the K2 and a data card. Paypal confirmed the payment, and I have received their acknowlogement for the order. Cant wait to see how long it takes to get to Texas from China. Hopefully they will ship from someplace already in the US.

How did you run your wires under the gas tank? Did you have to take it off or just snake them thru? What wire did you connect your yellow wire to for keyed switch power?
Thanks for all your help and the time to answer our questions and make the videos.
I actually took the seat and tank off. I ran the camera lead through the wire tray under the tank. It was actually pretty easy and only took about 10 minutes.

I tapped into the Cigarette lighter as my keyed switched power using a Posi-Tap connector. In fact I used Posi-Taps for all my connections, they are clean and easy. I had run a 12 Gauge Red wire from the battery through the wire tray under the tank that is fused for my Squadron Pro LED cubes through a relay and just piggy backed off that power source for the camera. I can't take any pictures of that since it is all under the tank at this time and behind the fairing. I did the install at the same time as the additional driving lights and and dash switches so the bike was torn down for wiring purposes anyway.

The following users liked this post:
Zedbra (08-28-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:04 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando
I actually took the seat and tank off. I ran the camera lead through the wire tray under the tank. It was actually pretty easy and only took about 10 minutes.

I tapped into the Cigarette lighter as my keyed switched power using a Posi-Tap connector. In fact I used Posi-Taps for all my connections, they are clean and easy. I had run a 12 Gauge Red wire from the battery through the wire tray under the tank that is fused for my Squadron Pro LED cubes through a relay and just piggy backed off that power source for the camera. I can't take any pictures of that since it is all under the tank at this time and behind the fairing. I did the install at the same time as the additional driving lights and and dash switches so the bike was torn down for wiring purposes anyway.
I just ordered the K2, can you tell me what size Posi-Taps you used? Wanna get everything ready for when the set arrives.

Thanx,
Paul

Old 08-31-2018, 06:11 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer

I don't remember the exact ones..... I ordered 2 huge kits years ago on webbike world for use on all my bikes. I think they work great.....

Here is a link to a review of them if you have never used them or seen them, pretty brilliant product!

Posi-tap and lock review

Here is the new store, they are currently having a sale. I have 2 of the $39 dollar kits

Posi-taps

hbsoldier3 (08-31-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 10:49 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Installed mine today, hooked everything up under the front fairing.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:48 AM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Installed mine today, hooked everything up under the front fairing.
looks good. Real clean install!

So you are using it just as a dash cam it looks like. No one will see or steal that!

How is your forward view from the side like that? I am debating on moving the rear cam back some and making some kind of hood to block the brake light washout at night.

Can't wait to see what you think of it after using it for a while.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:23 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando
looks good. Real clean install!

So you are using it just as a dash cam it looks like. No one will see or steal that!

How is your forward view from the side like that? I am debating on moving the rear cam back some and making some kind of hood to block the brake light washout at night.

Can't wait to see what you think of it after using it for a while.
Yes and no, if I want to see it on my computer, I download the file from K2 to the phone and upload to computer. No need to take out the SD card everytime you wanna see it on the computer. Besides, R&R of the outer fairing takes fives minutes. Gonna test ride it today and will get back to you with the results.

lp (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:39 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Found out my front camera mount would hit the lower fairing in a hard right turn (pic 1). Went to plan B (pic 2).

Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 AM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

interested in seeing the footage from the new mounting location, hasn't worked out for me. too much vibration on my bike.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by teeroy_
interested in seeing the footage from the new mounting location, hasn't worked out for me. too much vibration on my bike.
Your right, there is vibration at idle, but it is ok at running speed. However, plan "C" is the latest change.

2015UltraLimited (09-07-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: INNOVV C5 or K2 dash cameras