Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Passenger foot pegs on Road King Custom (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/124988-passenger-foot-pegs-on-road-king-custom.html)

CentennialHarley2007 06-28-2007 10:54 PM

Passenger foot pegs on Road King Custom

I have an issue with the stock passenger foot pegs on my '07 Road King Custom.I have ashort inseam, 30 inches, and have issue with the passenger pegs nailing me in the back of thecalves every time I put my feet down.

Yeah, some of this would be resolved by eliminating all forward movement before setting my feet down, or raising them before initiating any forward travel,but that is not always possible.

My question is-

Is there an adapter or extension to raise the pegs about four inches and lift them from behind my legs? I have looked through the J.P. Cycle catalog, looked through the H.D. catalog, and even looked online. I have found extensions that lower the pegs and move them outward (in a Yamaha web site), but none for a Road King.

Any help?

PapaTravis 06-29-2007 05:46 AM

RE: Passenger foot pegs on Road King Custom

I am taller than you, 6'1", and I have had the same thing happen to me, when the ol' lady is with me. Looking at where the pegs mount, there seems to be an adjustment. One hole up, or one hole down. Have you tried to move them up? I have just learned to deal with it, and left them in their original location. I don't know of any relocation bracket, sorry.

ken thompson 06-29-2007 09:08 AM

Same problem here but only when down. Very troublesome. And yes, eliminate all forward movement.

Matt8643 06-29-2007 12:34 PM

I am only 5'5" and had the same problems with the pegs. I installed passeneger footboards and the problem was solve. When the passenger boards are folded up I don't feel them at all and when they are folded down they are not as obtrusive as the pegs were.

TerryM 06-29-2007 12:50 PM

You say raise them 4 inches???? Doesnt seem like that would be to comfortable for a passenger. I had the same problem as well when i first got the bike. Like everyone else says, you get used to it and adapt.

BigDaddyMike 06-29-2007 01:46 PM

Get rid of the pegs and install footboards. More comfy for the passenger and easier on the rider. Looks better too!

CentennialHarley2007 09-02-2007 08:30 PM

Fixed this issue. Found a set of Arlen Ness adjusters for my Road King. They will mount up to the stock peg mounts, then the peg mounts back on the extenders. They swivel 360*both at the original mount location, and again at the center of extender.

They bring the passenger's feet out from the bike about 4", and can be adjusted forward or back, up or down.

No more passenger feet in the back ofmy calves. Although my wife said she feels like her feet are in "stirrups" :D, the peg location is not uncomfortable, nor does the position interfer with the bike's operation. The look isn't bad either.

Will post a picture in a few.

PapaTravis 09-03-2007 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: CentennialHarley2007

No more passenger feet in the back ofmy calves. Although my wife said she feels like her feet are in "stirrups" :D, the peg location is not uncomfortable, nor does the position interfer with the bike's operation. The look isn't bad either.

Will post a picture in a few.

A few day, or a few weeks? LOL

joe v 09-03-2007 06:35 AM

same here footboards 05 rkcustom