Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Completely Solved the Sumping Issue Etc

Old 10-24-2018, 01:54 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
He said he solved the issue, and he did. You might not like the way he solved it for himself, but he solved/eliminated it. You still have your problem. He doesn't. So I'd say he solved it too. LOL!
Hmmm... I wonder if that same strategy will work for other problems that need to be solved? Say you get a girl pregnant, can one just avoid her and the problem is solved?

The following users liked this post:
jg4760 (10-25-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 01:58 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

If I owned a Honda or BMW, I doubt I would be coming to this forum.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:02 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Hmmm... I wonder if that same strategy will work for other problems that need to be solved? Say you get a girl pregnant, can one just avoid her and the problem is solved?
I don' know this is hard to accept, I'm learning through my kids friends that most millennials trade-in their cars when they start having problems. To be fair, one only needs open the hood of new cars to see that maintenance is going to be expensive.

Beary

Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

As for riding position and height, the BMWs I had previously sat high and required their low seat. The Boxer models (twins) sit kinda high because of the opposed jugs stickin out I'd guess. The new K bikes are a whole different world and the riding position is much more cruiser like. I sit flat footed on the bike and my inseam is only 30". It's a Celtic issue, long body short legs. The B models even have floor boards forward of the pegs much like cruisers do. Apparently BMW must have listened and made that change particularly on the K bikes. Can there be issues on any brand, yes, but the last few years Harley has had more recall issues than ever. The newest clutch recall just came out for the '17 and '18 models again. I can't believe they can't get that wet clutch figured out after years of trying. As far as comparing changing bikes to having a pregnant girlfriend as mentioned, that;s only a comparison if you could sell the baby. That ain't happenin.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
If I owned a Honda or BMW, I doubt I would be coming to this forum.
I know, right?

I owned a Honda once (a couple times, actually). When I did, I belonged to a Honda forum. When I sold my Honda, I quit making comments about Honda's on the Honda forum. I also didn't post about how awesome my Kawasaki Vulcan was compared to my previous Honda. I participated in political-type stuff... for a little while. Then found my home at - you guessed it - a Kawasaki forum.

I am looking to add a classic sportbike/sport tourer to the garage this winter. I may talk about those bikes here if/when appropriate, but not to say how faster / more reliable / superior they are to Harley. If I sell my Harley (unlikely), I won't hang around telling everyone how superior its replacement was - I'll move on to the next forum.

Weird.

piper59 (05-07-2019)
Old 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I agree. It's one thing to admit buying a different brand bike, it's something else to defend that brand on a Harley forum. It's time to move on.

Beary

Old 10-24-2018, 03:23 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

My overall point is this. I love Harleys and may buy another once they get these issues solved. I just hate buying brand new bike and getting loaded with recalls of issues and potential issues. BTW my 2018 Road King Special is still in my garage, I didn't trade it, I bought the BMW outright. Haven't ridden it since I got this bike. This was not a anti-Harley thing at all just a wake up call to the MoCo to get their act together before releasing something. No bike is trouble free but it's gotta get better than it has been.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:08 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,719 Likes on 1,545 Posts

Been pretty good from where I'm sitting. This is my 8th Harley in 20 years and it's the best so far. No, really. The absolute best.

So yeah, sometimes I have to put a little trans oil in, but big deal. Had 50 times the issues with previous bikes and I'm still here kickin it without a care.

Edit: So... did you "solve your problem" by selling your 18 or is it still in the garage and it's still your problem? Story kinda changed.

Last edited by lp; 10-24-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

The Road King is in the garage, it's waiting for the new owner to pick it up. Problem is solved. Hopefully Harley will get all these issues squared away and I may well be in the market for another. In the mean time I'll ride the heck out of the Beemer.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:51 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Wow, it’s really kinda amazing to me... I have had 3 Harley’s in 15 years, one for 10 before I upgraded to a touring bike and the latest, a 15 roadie is a replacement for a 12 streetglide that was totaled after a year. I haven’t had any real issues with any one them. My roadie has had the vents replaced once and needs them again, but that’s been it. Blows me away how many issues people have with their machines...

anyways, glad you’re happy with you choice! I am perfectly content with mine! Enjoy the ride and keep with shiny side up.

rollonfreebird (10-25-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Completely Solved the Sumping Issue Etc