Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Ultra Gear Change questions:

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 10:09 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

That 'Nightster' pulley is the one I bought. Haven't received it yet, but my expectations are that it will be a bolt-on fit. If not, I'll let you know. Should have it in a few more days......and I've got the 'stock' back wheel sitting in my garage with no rear pulley on it. Won't take but a few minutes to make the check.

On another note, I also found one of those 'cush-drive conversion hubs..... and while I'm not planning on using it immediately, I'll at least have it if I decide I'm going to make the switch. Still have to find one of those Sportster Cush-drive pulleys, but those seem pretty 'available'.

The fun never stops..........

Old 11-16-2018, 10:15 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 234 Likes on 144 Posts

Not sure if spacing is the same, Drag Specialties & others have pulley spacers in a variety of sizes.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:34 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

For what it's worth, I measured the back-side of the 'stock' 66 T pulley and basically you could lay it flat on a table top and the back edge of the tooth portion would be flush against the table top as would the hub bolt-on section. When I checked into the Sportster pulleys it seemed that those were also made in a similar fashion. So.... 'should' be 'bolt-on' as most of the posts thus far have indicated. Again, I'll know most likely by Monday or Tuesday evening when my Nightster pulley arrives. Also, in reading the above post about the HD 30T Trike pulley for sale at New Castle HD, I went ahead and ordered one of those as well. Hopefully it will fit my engine. Tom D.

Last edited by wharfcreek; 11-16-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Making a quick addition to the post
Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by wharfcreek
For what it's worth, I measured the back-side of the 'stock' 66 T pulley and basically you could lay it flat on a table top and the back edge of the tooth portion would be flush against the table top as would the hub bolt-on section. When I checked into the Sportster pulleys it seemed that those were also made in a similar fashion. So.... 'should' be 'bolt-on' as most of the posts thus far have indicated. Again, I'll know most likely by Monday or Tuesday evening when my Nightster pulley arrives.
definitly let me know along with part number if all fits well and that’s what I’ll get too.

i was fine with just the front 30t till now...just don’t want to deal with any spacers and stuff like that.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:14 AM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

A little more snooping around and I found a reference to a Dakota Digital Speedo compensator unit. Haven't found the actual unit yet, but I plan to contact Dakota and see if they actually provide such a thing....and if so, 'how much?' and where do I get it?

Old 11-17-2018, 12:45 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
I’m happy with my 49 tooth ring gear conversion by EVO Industries.
this seems to be the way to go,or gwr the coplete basket.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:32 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

That's an interesting thread!! Used my cell phone to take a pic of post #167 w/ all the part numbers. Klobster, thanks for the reference. Wish I'd had that before I essentially 'repeated' the whole thing!!

Question 1: Post #126 within that thread states that the individual had ordered a 'PV'....which he indicated would compensate for speedo error as based on the gear change. Anyone know what he was talking about?

Q 2: I've got my '09 Sportster 'fixed' rear pulley coming...… 68T / 1" belt. Looking last night at front trans pulleys......and it appears 'Andrews' makes one that's about $140 +/-. Is this pretty much the 'best' option and does anyone aware of any other choices?

Again, thanks to all for the contributions!!

Tom
Power Vision, I'd guess.
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/

Old 11-23-2018, 01:30 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

That 'Nightster' pulley is the one I bought. Haven't received it yet, but my expectations are that it will be a bolt-on fit. If not, I'll let you know. Should have it in a few more days......and I've got the 'stock' back wheel sitting in my garage with no rear pulley on it. Won't take but a few minutes to make the check.

On another note, I also found one of those 'cush-drive conversion hubs..... and while I'm not planning on using it immediately, I'll at least have it if I decide I'm going to make the switch. Still have to find one of those Sportster Cush-drive pulleys, but those seem pretty 'available'.

The fun never stops..........
whats the exact part number of the ‘07 sportster non-Cush pulley that you purchased?

thanks

Old 11-29-2018, 11:33 AM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

Quick question about all this: Is the 'Japanese Sportster' 68T Cush Drive rear pulley 'interchangeable' with the stock 'touring' rear pulley, or are they different enough that the 'stock' pulley won't work with that IDE adapter? I have acquired the adapter cup with rubber inserts, but still lack the 5 mounting bolts as well as a proper pulley. I've sent a PM to VooDoo, and hopefully he'll work with me. In the event that his pulley has already found another home, I'll need to find a suitable alternative. Just wanted to know what would fit this adapter. Thanks, T

Old 11-29-2018, 11:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I can't answer your question, except to point out that the subject has been raised many times in the past, so there are threads out there that should provide an answer.

Quick Reply: '07 Ultra Gear Change questions: