Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in the Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 09:16 PM
cmefly
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the Saddle

Hi Everyone!
Well back in 2016 I purchased a new Fat Boy. I decided to sell it in 2017 because I wanted a bike that was more realistic for touring a bit. So I took a year off so I could cash flow the next purchase. I decided on a 2019 Road King. One dealer has a vivid black one with ABS that wants to sell at sticker price. Another dealer has the wicked red/twisted cherry with ABS, they said they would give me $1,000 off a new bike. So I like both colors, but leaning a bit more towards the vivid black one. I sent that dealer a message to see if he will match. Dealer with the two tone bike said he could get a black one in but might take him a little bit. Northeast weather won't have me riding for a bit anyways. Has anyone seen the bikes in these paint schemes yet and what did you think? Have a great rest of the weekend!

Old 11-17-2018, 09:25 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

Welcome back in the saddle.

Next time don't take so long. Yeah that.

Personally I like the 2 tones.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-18-2018, 07:13 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I think I've seen every model in vivid black and agree with above, I prefer the two tone but they are more expensive … doubt the dealer with the two tone can match the price of the vivid black. EVERYONE has had a bike in vivid black!!

Old 11-18-2018, 09:17 AM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
I think I've seen every model in vivid black and agree with above, I prefer the two tone but they are more expensive … doubt the dealer with the two tone can match the price of the vivid black. EVERYONE has had a bike in vivid black!!
Agreed!!

Here is another idea and pls do not pooh pooh it too fast my friend.

Short Answer: Have a small design in a color u like like maroon. Just lines.

Longer Answer: The other day I saw a big with a few "swoosh" lines. Just a simple design wtih little paint and very little labor to paint the swoosh lines. Sort of like this.

I am figuring this.
1) It should be much cheaper than harley putting a lot of paint etc...into the bike.
2) You get to pick the color, thickness of the line and design.
3) I was AMAZED at how small a line or 2 made the bike look REALLY GOOD! So much so, I am looking into doing it to my all black big as well.

This would/could mean a design on each saddle bag. Each side of the tank. Maybe, maybe the front/rear fender?

I would do the saddle bags and tang only personally.

Whatcha think? It is ok if u say the idea sucks.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-18-2018, 09:49 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,655 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Get the black one and paint it flippin pink.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:05 AM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Get the black one and paint it flippin pink.
NBKM, 1stly matey, I know you.

Secondly, I read your reply. "Go to your room".

BuzzCap7

Old 11-18-2018, 11:23 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 395 Posts

[QUOTE=BuzzCap7;17833643]Agreed!!
Longer Answer: The other day I saw a big with a few "swoosh" lines. Just a simple design wtih little paint and very little labor to paint the swoosh lines. Sort of like this.

I am looking into doing it to my all black big as well.
This would/could mean a design on each saddle bag. Each side of the tank. Maybe, maybe the front/rear fender?"

I took some editing liberates with your post.
Sounds like a great idea. I like to do something to my vivid black Road King. I thought about having it turned into some kind of 2 tone. But this sounds more affordable and more unique. I could spend the money saved for extended bags or speaker lids.
I'm guessing the parts will have to be re clear coated ?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:02 PM
BuzzCap7

[QUOTE=heavymetalthunder;17833924]
Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Agreed!!

I am looking into doing it to my all black big as well.
This would/could mean a design on each saddle bag. Each side of the tank. Maybe, maybe the front/rear fender?"

I took some editing liberates with your post.
Sounds like a great idea. I like to do something to my vivid black Road King. I thought about having it turned into some kind of 2 tone. But this sounds more affordable and more unique. I could spend the money saved for extended bags or speaker lids.
I'm guessing the parts will have to be re clear coated ?
The added paint to be clear coated? Great question if that is what u r referring to.

Kinda important. GLAD u said it so I can remember to ask my guy that question.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-18-2018, 12:35 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
..... EVERYONE has had a bike in vivid black!!
........... not

Old 11-18-2018, 12:44 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by cmefly
Hi Everyone!
Well back in 2016 I purchased a new Fat Boy. I decided to sell it in 2017 because I wanted a bike that was more realistic for touring a bit. So I took a year off so I could cash flow the next purchase. I decided on a 2019 Road King. One dealer has a vivid black one with ABS that wants to sell at sticker price. Another dealer has the wicked red/twisted cherry with ABS, they said they would give me $1,000 off a new bike. So I like both colors, but leaning a bit more towards the vivid black one. I sent that dealer a message to see if he will match. Dealer with the two tone bike said he could get a black one in but might take him a little bit. Northeast weather won't have me riding for a bit anyways. Has anyone seen the bikes in these paint schemes yet and what did you think? Have a great rest of the weekend!
With the sales slump HD is in I would think you could do a lot better than sticker price. Might have to travel a bit but would be worth it for some savings.

Quick Reply: Back in the Saddle