Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benchmark of Luxury: 2019 CVO Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:12 AM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Default Benchmark of Luxury

For 42k you can buy a certified Mercedes Benz E class, one year old ,like brand new,with a warranty.
We wonder why Harley sales are in the tank ? They should come back to earth,when it comes to pricing. They have lost touch with reality in my opinion.

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (11-24-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:19 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper101
Rattle can paint job, was referring to the particular bike in the pic, which I haven't seen in person, but highly doubt it would make me change my mind one bit about the paint scheme.
If you think I was referring to Road Glides in general as rattle cans, I was NOT. I've sat on them, and played with them, and I still don't like them regardless of the paint scheme, but that's just a personal taste thing
i understood that you meant that paint job. and i've seen it in person, it is actually very nice. maybe you don't like the scheme, and that's okay. it's still a very high quality paint job. and whether or not you like road glides, like you say, personal taste. but i can tell you, sitting on one and 'playing' with it is not the same as riding it, and they do ride very nice.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:00 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Love the look. Love RG's. Never would pay that much for a bike. I would rather buy a special RG and second bike.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:29 PM
dustinn3
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Rode one of these at BBB and I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't include a windshield on a $42K touring bike. I couldn't enjoy the ride because I was too busy wiping away the tears. I also couldn't see the speedo, tach, or hear the music or the motor for that matter. Not that I'm going to be buying one anyways, but I'd never spend that much on a touring bike with all the fancy features that I can't enjoy without plopping down more cash. That's the whole point of the CVO, it's already been completely upgraded. Otherwise I would just buy a new bike and fully customize it myself for less. If you don't want it fine take it off, but to not even include it is just plain greedy.

jd05flhtci (11-24-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 03:58 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMurf
For 42k you can buy a certified Mercedes Benz E class, one year old ,like brand new,with a warranty.
We wonder why Harley sales are in the tank ? They should come back to earth,when it comes to pricing. They have lost touch with reality in my opinion.
Sorry folks you can't purchased this bike for 42K. Even at MSRP $42,400.00, plus Freight and setup 800.00 plus 5.5% sales tax in Wisconsin. If you absolutely do not put on one dime of accessories, this bike will cost you over 46K

Old 11-20-2018, 05:50 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by dustinn3
Rode one of these at BBB and I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't include a windshield on a $42K touring bike. I couldn't enjoy the ride because I was too busy wiping away the tears. I also couldn't see the speedo, tach, or hear the music or the motor for that matter. Not that I'm going to be buying one anyways, but I'd never spend that much on a touring bike with all the fancy features that I can't enjoy without plopping down more cash. That's the whole point of the CVO, it's already been completely upgraded. Otherwise I would just buy a new bike and fully customize it myself for less. If you don't want it fine take it off, but to not even include it is just plain greedy.
i thought the CVO tunes were like a hog works stage 10 couple amps 8 speakers..... supposed to rip?

Old 11-20-2018, 07:55 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

********Hardly*******

Old 11-20-2018, 10:24 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,344 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
Sorry folks you can't purchased this bike for 42K. Even at MSRP $42,400.00, plus Freight and setup 800.00 plus 5.5% sales tax in Wisconsin. If you absolutely do not put on one dime of accessories, this bike will cost you over 46K
Actually it can be purchased for less than your over 46K. Would never pay 800 set up.

With trade you only pay tax on the difference in my state. So yep, I can buy one under 44K.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:59 AM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
Love the look. Love RG's. Never would pay that much for a bike. I would rather buy a special RG and second bike.
I'm thinking the same. I've owned a 12 CVO RG, and now own a 16 CVO SG. But when you compare a 2019 46K CVO RG to a 2019 30K SG Special, no comparison. 3 Cubic inches and a little bling, I'd take the special. When I bought my 2012 CVO Road glide there was huge difference between that and a regular Road Glide, as far as extras and performance, for what I would consider the little extra money. But now 15K extra for pretty much the same bike. Just saying.
Jonnierock

jd05flhtci (11-24-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Warrant
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMurf
Yeah, first a M/B E class is a car, no comparison to a motorcycle. Value for dollar wise, I can guarantee the Harley will retain far more resale forever than any M/B, take a look its no joke.

Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Benchmark of Luxury: 2019 CVO Road Glide