Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stopping by the dealer tomorrow, might buy a new Bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts
Default Stopping by the dealer tomorrow, might buy a new Bike

OK guys, I'll be stopping by the dealer tomorrow. I've got a thread or two on this so, What is a new 2018 or 2019 RGU or Limited worth? What did you pay? I need to have some figures before I walk into the showroom.

I have time to make em sweat but I need something in my head to walk in with.

Sam

Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member

Oh, BTW, I'll be going with Franklin's in my pocket. That should make some difference?

Old 12-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Can’t really speak to the price of the bike but seems like cash isn’t king any longer. You can sometimes get a better deal by financing (and paying off the entire balance right after) if you have that many Benjis. If not, the cash makes for a good down payment and that will make the payment a little more tolerable

or you could just find a girlfriend that will buy you a bike

Last edited by Almostinvincible119; 12-03-2018 at 09:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TexasMotorcycleRider (12-05-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:57 PM
95th 1200
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

They probably won't come off MSRP very much on the 2019 since there were two major (IMO) changes: The 114 engine and the new infotainment system. They'll be more apt to deal on a leftover 2018 if they have any left. Wait too long and you might miss out, contrary to popular belief bikes are selling this time of the year.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks guys, I've done the finance thing on my present truck for the the incentives then paid it off after the first payment. I plan to buy a bike this month. Seems like December is the best month to purchase a bike?

Old 12-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
Thanks guys, I've done the finance thing on my present truck for the the incentives then paid it off after the first payment. I plan to buy a bike this month. Seems like December is the best month to purchase a bike?

january would be be my guess. Holidays are over and people have spent there money already. Also tax season begins the next month, slow month no doubt

Last edited by Dynaglide92; 12-03-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 AM
roadrydr
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Purchased my leftover 2018 Road Glide Special for $4000.00 UNDER MSRP. (also got them to agree to free winter storage to seal the deal). It was the last day of the month and the dealership was 8 bikes short of their monthly sales quota. You HAVE TO be willing to walk away if they wont give you your deal. Be realistic, they are in business to make a profit. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2018, 05:35 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

The main thing is to make sure the salesman understands that are you ready to buy RIGHT NOW but only if you get a deal. They get so many people, "just looking" so you need to make it clear that they have a serious buyer in front of them but you also have to be willing to buy what's in stock. It doesn't add to their numbers until the deal is closed. Putting a deposit on a bike that's the specific color you want for next month wont help them or you. If you are looking for something very specific, you might want to make sure they have it before negotiating. Don't be afraid to walk away either. If they hold their ground on price, just tell them you can pay that in the spring and can wait. They'll either drop the price some more or let you walk. Negotiate a final sales price, don't let them try to sell you a payment. Negotiate price, then don't stop. Free first service? Discount on accessories? Free labor to install? New Helmet or jacket? Then when you get in the office with the closer/finance guy, that's when you talk financing deals or beat him up even more for a cash discount if you have it. They get kickbacks for financing so they may go that route for the best deal. Just make sure there is no penalty for early payoff.

Good Luck!

The following users liked this post:
TodPedro (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 05:40 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Last week of this month for year end dealership final sales total sounds reasonable to me. Big yearly numbers are king for business. Cash in hand is best for private or small business sales than large established dealerships. Works great for down payment, lower payment & interest rate. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:42 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,450 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
Oh, BTW, I'll be going with Franklin's in my pocket. That should make some difference?
Cash won't help you get a better deal.They make more money if you finance it. Paying cash and getting a better deal went out with the 60's.

Quick Reply: Stopping by the dealer tomorrow, might buy a new Bike