Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has added Crash Bar speakers on there Road King

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingface
I wear a half helmet so that's not an option but I do have a quick question as I've always been curious.....Can you hear things near you on the road with the speakers right in your helmet? I would be nervous about losing too much of the 'important sounds' around you while driving (horns, cars getting a bit too close etc).
Certainly a full-face helmet and listening to tunes reduces your ability to hear external sounds. It has not been a problem for me and I believe that bike situational awareness is almost entirely a visual process. Don't want to divert this thread into a "helmet war" but for me protecting my entire head is the first priority.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:16 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wear a half helmet so that's not an option but I do have a quick question as I've always been curious.....Can you hear things near you on the road with the speakers right in your helmet? I would be nervous about losing too much of the 'important sounds' around you while driving (horns, cars getting a bit too close etc).
I tyried a buddies . not for me . not going to wear a full helmet

Old 01-02-2019, 10:47 AM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Kenwood KAC-M1824BT 4-Channel Amplifier

this was the simplest way and power was decent. I could hear it with a half lid on up to about 85mph. Ear plugs actually helped hear the music at those speeds, they drove 2x 5" pods out front. I dont remember the brand but they were good. As I said, the speaker lids were useless. It was pretty clean too, the amp was mounted in the saddlebag, and it has a small wired controller that I had mounted to handlebars just offset from the riser. big easy press buttons.

After that I went to a bedroll with integrated speakers (pretty cool) and that was hooked up to the diamond audio amp, and that was much louder, I hear it at 90mph no issue.

Im changing the setup again though, going with a FXR fairing with 2 6.5" speakers and keeping the same DA amp.

I have no experience with the in ear helmet speakers or whatever they're called, I cant speak to those.

Last edited by JonnyVegas; 01-02-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

absolutely wrong sir. I have a Cardo half helmet unit on my Crazy Al’s half helmet and use speaker pouches made for mountain climbing helmets to carry the speakers. I’ve actually toyed with the idea of using earbuds full time instead of the speakers. I can hear great, almost no wind noise so tinnitus is slowed and I have almost no loss of much ambient noise. The buds do keep the Fullsac mufflers muffled.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:22 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

I imagine you can mount these type of speakers on your RK crash bars. Same crash bar as my RG but Idk how or where you’d mount the head unit and amp?

Old 01-03-2019, 10:41 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

Not everyone wears a helmet.....
I tried some beats ear buds....the cable was constantly slaping my face and they kept falling out of my ear. Was looking at some BT ones ...not sure.
So I have been looking at the crash bar mounted systems for a while now. I know you get what you pay for , but some of the ebay kits have me wondering.
I just hate to waste my money...lol
Really not a fan of the all in one handlebar mounted systems.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts
Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
I imagine you can mount these type of speakers on your RK crash bars. Same crash bar as my RG but Idk how or where you’d mount the head unit and amp?

where did you get those and what's the name of those

Old 01-06-2019, 12:27 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by pounder35
where did you get those and what's the name of those
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332449857600

Old 01-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Eggman1
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This is how I have my HU mounted on my RK.

Quick Reply: Who has added Crash Bar speakers on there Road King