Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has added Crash Bar speakers on there Road King

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 11:47 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who has added Crash Bar speakers on there Road King

Looking to possibly add some tunes and I've seen some headlight looking speakers mounted on the crash bar . was wondering if you like them and what brands are avail

Thanks

Old 12-31-2018, 11:56 AM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

I did. the bigger the better. You wont hear em at speed unless you go big (power, not size)

Im now using a diamond audio amp with a matching bluetooth dongle.

I was using a kenwood bluetooth amp, worked well but didnt drive enough power.

It can be done, just do it well. I tried the saddlebag lid speakers, they were great in the parking lot, but thats about it.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:04 PM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's good to know . so what speakers you using or headlights

Old 12-31-2018, 01:20 PM
23Seven
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 656 Posts

Hmmm... Got me thinking now

Old 12-31-2018, 04:21 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

I've tried a few different things on my RK over the years for sound and the best thing I have found for tunes is Bluetooth speakers in my 3/4 helmet. It has the best volume at speed and doesn't change the look of the bike. As Jonnyvegas said, the only other way to hear it at speed is a lot of power and speakers that can handle it but you will loose saddle bag space for an amp. If you want to go amp and speaker route, I'd look for a fairing made for the road king that has the mounts for stereo and speakers. That way you can add a decent system you might be able to hear at highway speeds and it looks cleaner. The additional wind protection isn't a bad thing either.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:08 AM
steverk07
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rk sound

Had unique cycle sounds kit on handlebar of my 07 rkc, sounded great.
took it off when I got the 18 rg, PM me if interested,it's for sale, can provide pictures, video.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

For me, in-helmet Bluetooth using the Sena 20S does the trick. I can listen to my entire Spotify and iTunes library while cruising. Sounds much better than external speakers, doesn't annoy others, and doesn't require me to mess with the bike. Plus I can also get GPS turn-by-turn instructions when necessary. What's not to like?

Old 01-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
For me, in-helmet Bluetooth using the Sena 20S does the trick. I can listen to my entire Spotify and iTunes library while cruising. Sounds much better than external speakers, doesn't annoy others, and doesn't require me to mess with the bike. Plus I can also get GPS turn-by-turn instructions when necessary. What's not to like?
I wear a half helmet so that's not an option but I do have a quick question as I've always been curious.....Can you hear things near you on the road with the speakers right in your helmet? I would be nervous about losing too much of the 'important sounds' around you while driving (horns, cars getting a bit too close etc).

Old 01-01-2019, 06:06 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingface
I wear a half helmet so that's not an option but I do have a quick question as I've always been curious.....Can you hear things near you on the road with the speakers right in your helmet? I would be nervous about losing too much of the 'important sounds' around you while driving (horns, cars getting a bit too close etc).
I use the sena as well. Yes you can hear your surroundings just fine. sirens, wheel noise of cars coming up on you in the next lane, horns, etc.., sena has half helmet options.

Bluetooth is the way to go for tunes on a Road King.

The following users liked this post:
Kingface (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 06:30 PM
HDavidA
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I did. Had a pair of 6 1/2" speakers mounted to the highway bars. Used Tune Tatas to mount. Had an amp mounted under the side cover. There were a variety of options for sound. Blue tooth set up of amp. I mounted a garmin sumo gps to the handle bar clap that had an mp3 feature. Gave me GPS and music.

I still have the tune tatas laying around. Send me a PM if interested.

Quick Reply: Who has added Crash Bar speakers on there Road King