Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Forward controls (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1267134-forward-controls.html)

ponyracer1 01-11-2019 05:12 AM

Forward controls

I’m in the market for some extended forward controls for my 09 Electra glide. Leaning towards Hawg halters black slotted contrast cut.

Anyone run run anything similar? How do you like them? I’m 6’4 with a 34” inseam. Just wondering how much extra room you get over boards.

The he most important question, who has the best prices on them?

Cozz 01-12-2019 06:40 AM

Lots of folks around here run forwards on their touring bikes. I would, but I just can’t give up my lowers. Maybe they will post up some pics today.

nobodyknowsme 01-12-2019 10:11 AM

If price is such a big concern, why not just highway pegs?

Cygnusx51 01-12-2019 05:07 PM

Cyclesmith XL banana boards and some longer shifter levers will open up a ton of room for you.

HDFRENZY 01-13-2019 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme (Post 17954699)
If price is such a big concern, why not just highway pegs?

I have highway pegs but in traffic you are constantly changing gears and braking so you have to keep pulling your feet off the pegs. Forward controls would be more comfortable.

skid_pimp 01-13-2019 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by HDFRENZY (Post 17956254)
I have highway pegs but in traffic you are constantly changing gears and braking so you have to keep pulling your feet off the pegs. Forward controls would be more comfortable.

I will be putting Forwards on my new Road King Special for the exact same reason as you as soon as I pick it up. I don't have any pictures available to me at the moment, but I have run Jay Brake controls on my last couple touring bikes, and loved ever second.

nobodyknowsme 01-13-2019 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51 (Post 17955395)
Cyclesmith XL banana boards and some longer shifter levers will open up a ton of room for you.

I have these on both my bikes and if there should ever be another Harley touring bike in my life it will be one of the first things I ever do to it. Yes, they are THAT nice and comfortable.

Cygnusx51 01-13-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme (Post 17957003)
I have these on both my bikes and if there should ever be another Harley touring bike in my life it will be one of the first things I ever do to it. Yes, they are THAT nice and comfortable.

I was at a bike and BBQ thing once and when we were just standing at the bikes waiting for others to arrive, it was funny the comments that people made about them and that they were actually taking pictures. Some liked them, one guy said they looked like a ridiculous set of ski’s LOL. One woman did say she was going to buy a set for her husband though, I wonder how he likes them.

I had highway pegs and mounts that I never even put on because the boards made such a huge difference. I’m with you, I wouldn’t want anything else.

wdb01l 01-13-2019 08:00 PM

I had Jay Brakes on a 98 Fat Boy and they were very comfortable. I also have thought about this on the
Street Glide. What are other options beside Bad Dad or Jay Brake.

95th 1200 01-13-2019 08:02 PM

I put on a set of Accutronix forward controls for a customer, they're not cheap but they're beautifully made and made in Arizona.