Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motobikejack

Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Motobikejack

Anyone have one of these? Do they work like the video makes it seem?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Rob175
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 388 Posts

What a waste of weight and money. My 5' tall, 110lb wife can raise my Ultra Limited Low by herself. (granted she doesn't "like" doing it but can and has) It's a simple technique that can be learned in minutes. I suggest you look at the "Ride Like A Pro" video clips on You Tube. It's not about arm strength or how big you are, it's all about leverage and using your legs NOT your arms or back.

Check out this Ride like A Pro video then try it yourself....(tip: lay down a few carpet scraps to protect your motorcycle)

Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob175
What a waste of weight and money. My 5' tall, 110lb wife can raise my Ultra Limited Low by herself. (granted she doesn't "like" doing it but can and has) It's a simple technique that can be learned in minutes. I suggest you look at the "Ride Like A Pro" video clips on You Tube. It's not about arm strength or how big you are, it's all about leverage and using your legs NOT your arms or back.

Check out this Ride like A Pro video then try it yourself....(tip: lay down a few carpet scraps to protect your motorcycle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeLkrPkjimo
Yep, seen many of those videos. But someone with a bad back or other issues might not be able to do what normal people can, eh? And I know for a fact my 4'11" wife cannot pick mine up, bad back or not.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:32 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,240 Likes on 808 Posts

This, and several others, exist and seem to work well. They aren’t especially uncommon in the adv world, where some crazy tall and top heavy bikes exist.

There are laments about it invariably being in the downside bag. Complaints about it being hard to set up with a bike tipped over downhill in brush and such. And some fussing about bike damage from the strap and pole.

the dirt adv riders seem to prefer the likes of the dustrider unit for its dirt stability.

In any case, if it’s something you need, get it. I know the lifting techniques and can do it just fine. But at the end of a hard day, and especially when the bike tips over on a downhill, it sure becomes a whole lot harder to lift it up.

Last edited by foxtrapper; 01-14-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:22 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,240 Likes on 808 Posts

OP here's a fairly long thread on using a very similar device. Lots of very tough conditions. It's an interesting read.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/dirt-...evice.1288733/

Old 01-15-2019, 02:31 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,375 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Ok.... interesting gadget and seems it would work in a pinch.... but what if you drop it in an intersection or anywhere on the road? If your bike goes down on a roadway, every second it's in the road and you're next to it, your life is on the line....

I know this is totally un-PC to say, because everybody is a winner and everybody can do whatever they want these days, consequences be damned.... but what about the common sense approach that if you can't pick up your bike (whether by strength or technique), you need to be riding a smaller/lighter bike?

Is it just me....?

Old 01-15-2019, 03:50 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Anyone have one of these? Do they work like the video makes it seem?
Yes, they work, and yes, I have one. And yes they are effortless. The only thing to be careful with is to hold the base with your foot so it doesn't slip out (Don't ask me how I know.)​​​​​​​

This is why you need to hold the base with your foot!

The following users liked this post:
glideridemike (02-28-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:58 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob175
Good for her. Before I put bag guards on my bike there was no place to grip except the bags, which felt like they were ready to rip off the bike. Also, you never see those videos done on gravel or grass do you? Because of it's lovely jiffy stand, I've had to pick up my softail a few times, and it was problem, but my SGS is one hell of a lot more top-heavy, and I'm no youngster anymore. The Motorbikejack works as advertised, and so do others like it.

Last edited by FurryOne; 01-15-2019 at 03:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
glideridemike (02-28-2019)