Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about coming back to a touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 12:17 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
If you end up getting the twisted cherry... don't paint it green!!
haha, yeh. I cant say if I'll paint more like when. I actually think I'll do a heavy red flake on this if I do it.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
The 110 in my dyna has a good bit of work in it and is a bit of a monster as it is but I also find myself pushing it and riding harder than I ever did with my road glide. Both are fun bikes in their own merit. If I had room/money for both I'd have both I do not. I know most people opinions in this forum will be go touring and most in dyna section would be stay dyna. We all tend to love the bike we have most. My test ride will let me know which way I will go. That and talking with the wife since the last 4 bikes I didnt ask opinions I just did. So figured I'd try something different this go around. My biggest dilemma would be m8 or twin cam. I know how to work on a twin cam I have barely ever even looked at a m8. I am a creature of habit fairly bad so that will probably keep me looking at a twin cam. Only time and figures will tell. And definitely believe there will be pictures if I do.

its a hard choice. I own both a dyna and a rgs and can’t see not having either one. Some days I like to be fast nimble and light on my dyna. Leatherpros do a great job of having close to as much space as touring hard bags and I have a detach luggage rack if I ever need more storage. Some days I like the wind protection and comfort a bagger Cush drive gives, I just bought lowers this month and I’m sure that will help with colder temps this winter. I’d say keep the dyna it can do as much without the little creature comforts as a bagger can and be more nimble

Old 01-30-2019, 08:35 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Went by after work to talk numbers with the sales manager a bit we agreed on some numbers. It was after 6 and dark so I decided I'd sleep on it one more night and I wanted to test ride it tomorrow to make good and sure i was wanting this. It's a little extra each month and i am a tightwad lol. But it is a 19 twisted cherry road glide standard with abs, the security system, and the gts boom audio. They knocked 3k off of it along with giving me a more than fair price on my dyna. Still can go either way but might be back on a glide by the weekend. Is funny, the twisted cherry does not photograph well as it seems in person.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:24 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Well I went to the dealer and rode the exact bike they were wanting to sell me. I squeezed a few more dollars out of the deal. I go back after work and sign the papers. So looks like I'm coming back to the shark tank.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:41 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

By the way, there is trick to help get that fat beast off the stand easier, turn the handlebars all the way right. I was surprised how much difference that made. Getting off the stand is the only time the bike feels heavy to me.

Beary

Old 01-31-2019, 03:48 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,822 Likes on 820 Posts

Well I went to the dealer and rode the exact bike they were wanting to sell me. I squeezed a few more dollars out of the deal. I go back after work and sign the papers. So looks like I'm coming back to the shark tank.
Congrats! Very nice! Post more pics when you get her home.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:18 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Originally Posted by beary
By the way, there is trick to help get that fat beast off the stand easier, turn the handlebars all the way right. I was surprised how much difference that made. Getting off the stand is the only time the bike feels heavy to me.

Beary
thanks yes I remembered that soon as I sat back on the bike. And either way it's so much easier than standing the lifted dyna up off the stand. It almost seems like child play.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:36 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Well signed papers tonight. Wife even approved the purchase so I'm happy. Hated giving the down payment but I'm a total tightwad when it comes to large purchases. More pics later but did snap one at a quick stop on way home. The color keeps growing on me more and more.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:39 AM
randall3424
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!!! Good looking bike!!

Old 02-01-2019, 08:47 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Congrats! Welcome back!

Quick Reply: Thinking about coming back to a touring bike