Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any short people, others, mount cycle from right side?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:04 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Here is a trick I use a lot my friend.

When u slide ur toe under and FORWARD the gear shifter, make sure you are forward more than what u normally do.

That way, the slight upward movement of ur toes, the moving upward is more sensitive, less of an arc, and you will hit the neutral MUCH easier and waaaay more often.

Know what I mean? Did I explain it ok?

It helped me a LOT.
Thanks!! 50 years from now when it finally is warm enough to ride I will give it a try!

Old 02-06-2019, 12:08 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,094 Likes on 1,910 Posts

I always get on from the right when the trunk is on my Road King............................yeh, I said "TRUNK"............

Old 02-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Eggman1
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by perki48
I always get on from the right when the trunk is on my Road King............................yeh, I said "TRUNK"............
Sure glad you cleared that up. I had to go back and read it again. I always get on from the right side, doesn't matter if the drunk (trunk) is on there or not.

The following users liked this post:
perki48 (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 03:07 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Makes perfect sense to me. Yet, for 50 years I have always mounted from the left. And regardless what a horse knows, every cowboy I have ridden with mounts from the left. And I have ridden with lots of cowboys.

Regardless of the fact that I am aged, I can yet learn new techniques. Probably does not impress the local teen girls as much as throwing my right leg clear over the trunk and saddle, And my **** is not near as impressive as my pouch once was. So right side, left side, I don't give a damn--as long as I can get on and jerk the cycle upright. I am happily doing the right side mount now.

This is some funny **** to talk about. If it were not for the low seat stance of HD, and my short legs, I would likely be riding a Hayabusa--and have killed myself long ago.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:20 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,396 Likes on 4,010 Posts

Originally Posted by albngore

If it were not for the low seat stance of HD, and my short legs, I would likely be riding a Hayabusa--and have killed myself long ago.

There's more truth in that statement than I'll ever admit to............

Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM
ajclassic
Cruiser
Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

LOL... when i first got the bike all i did was left side mounting. It was a chance encounter the first time i got on the from the right. It was a full parking lot and me being a bigger fella the bike next to mine was too close for me to successfully mount left side so i walked to the other side and that's all she wrote. Been doing it ever since.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,094 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by albngore
Makes perfect sense to me. Yet, for 50 years I have always mounted from the left. And regardless what a horse knows, every cowboy I have ridden with mounts from the left. And I have ridden with lots of cowboys.
Not if it is a sidehill on the "left" side they don't. They get on the side that works best in the situation they are in. Same thing with motorcycle riders.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:03 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Absolutely true. I did not take special situations into consideration.

perki48 (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 PM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts

I prefer mounting from the back, Get a running start, maybe an optional forward flip, and hit the seat.

Learned that watching the Lone Ranger.

(Cut me some slack, the high temperature today was like 8 degrees.)

Ok here is one partly true: I alternate sides to keep the wear even on my boot soles.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 PM
tajar66
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

I have been doing it recently I am not happy kicking my bags. There is no issue with me at 225 putting my weight on the right side. It works well.

perki48 (02-07-2019)

Quick Reply: Any short people, others, mount cycle from right side?