Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAGGAH2-2002 Road King Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

As I said in a very early post to this thread. You have done an excellent job with this bike. Thanks for the story and pictures.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Spindrifter
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for sharing! Great read! Thought about white walls when you replace tires?

Old 07-18-2019, 04:13 PM
BAGGAH2
Advanced
Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
As I said in a very early post to this thread. You have done an excellent job with this bike. Thanks for the story and pictures.
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Spindrifter
Thanks for sharing! Great read! Thought about white walls when you replace tires?
I considered it when I first got the bike. But I don’t think its the right look for this style of bike. Plus I really like the night dragons, they are a very capable tire.

Originally Posted by bikerguy42
I installed a new motor mount for my FXR. Works fantastic! This is all stainless steel unlike the rubber mounts that break and wear out. Very impressed. Helped with my engine vibration and stability. Worth checking out!
https://www.kineticstructures.com/ha...ne-motor-mount
Thanks for the link! That looks like an interesting piece. I’d like to install the True-Track stabilizer system also.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:15 AM
BAGGAH2
Advanced
Old 07-26-2019, 09:08 AM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Well WTF? At least they used that winching wheel chock to pull it up on the flatbed instead of having to push it on.

Doesn't look like a tire. Engine?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:17 AM
BAGGAH2
Advanced

Originally Posted by crazytown
Well WTF? At least they used that winching wheel chock to pull it up on the flatbed instead of having to push it on.

Doesn't look like a tire. Engine?
The condor on wheels was nice. I wasn’t a fan of him throwing a strap over the frame to tie it down, I tried to get him to do it by the lower fork legs, but he wasn’t a fan of me telling him how to do his job lol.

Not sure yet, just lost power going down the road, but still has lights and gauges. I think it may be the battery, but I haven’t had time to properly diagnose.

The following users liked this post:
crazytown (07-26-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 09:05 PM
BAGGAH2
Advanced

Its fully diagnosed, Stator

I’ve got the parts ordered (all OEM replacements), another $250, ouch. At least I don’t pay labor wrenching on my own stuff.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Johnnypop
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

If the stator went out I would also do the regulator in the near future. From my understanding when the stator goes out it sends high voltage to the regulator and it will give out shortly also.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 PM
sechracer
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnypop
If the stator went out I would also do the regulator in the near future. From my understanding when the stator goes out it sends high voltage to the regulator and it will give out shortly also.
I would agree. I just did my stator and when it burned the phase, it charred the pin on the voltage regulator pretty good. Would probably still work but wasn't worth the risk.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 AM
BAGGAH2
Advanced

We’ll see what happens when it gets pulled apart. The stator was not putting out any AC voltage at all. I’m not a fan of firing the parts cannon if I don’t have to. Especially since an OE voltage regulator is pricey.’

Quick Reply: BAGGAH2-2002 Road King Project Thread