Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must have in your saddle bag or tour pack

Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 AM
SteveUltra
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Rain gear, tool kit, and a blanket (never know when you might need a nap) are in my left saddle bag at all times. Sunscreen, jacket, long sleeve shirt, sunglasses, clear glasses and any thing else i might need to get easily are in my tourpak. My right saddle bag is mostly empty, I reserve it for what ever cargo i may need to carry at any given time (groceries ect...).
When I go on a trip I pack any clothes and toiletries that go into the hotel with me in a saddle bag liner in my right saddle bag. everything else is stuffed into the other saddle bag and tourpak. If it doesn't fit in one of the 3 bags I don't need it. The most important thing I pack is a credit card in my pocket.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardK
Rain Gear. Always have rain gear. The only other thing that is always in my saddle bags is sunscreen.

I love the bags for trips. Do they not come with them anymore? The trunk bag is awesome. Pack it full and it drops right in and fits perfect even if you over stuff it. My wife likes the saddle bag bag for packing the things from the bathroom when traveling. Shampoo bottles etc are always upright that way. When traveling, I also carry the bag that folds flat if you don't need it and velcro's to the luggage rack. Perfect for separating dirty clothes and packing any souvenirs you buy on the trip. Starts out flat under the trunk bag and comes out if you need the extra room later.

I've never felt a need for the organizers but I'm not that organized either. I just toss the stuff in, forget it and let it roll around. The organizers are for people with OCD who will be constantly thinking about things rolling around in the trunk and ruin the enjoyment of the ride.

Yes the new ones come with the 3 bags. I just bought a new 18 electra glide ultra classic. My 1st touring bike as well, coming off of a softail.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 PM
TDSnowSPR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Rain gear ( always ) ,sunscreen, and extra glasses ( day and night )

Old 02-11-2019, 09:12 PM
ajnigli
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 53 Posts

a set of clear lenses, small tool kit, jump pack, air compressor and bottle of slime, air shock pump, microfiber rag, sunscreen, doo-rags, tire gauge.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
I also never felt the need for the over priced bag organizers
...... bullsh;t
.... i added the tourpak wall organizer right after i wired in the airwing light
...... great for small stuff like maps, energy bars, air gauge, vivarin, cheater glasses, my phone (plugged into the TP charger), a lighter or 2 & a flip-top box of hand rolled smokes

Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Oz Dan
Tourer
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Apart from rain gear, clear night goggles, sun cream and a hip flask I carry a hand held UHF radio in case my cell phone is out of range - which happens in Oz - and I need to help someone/be helped myself.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Cool

What you need more than anything is a spreadsheet! If I were to carry everything 'essential' I've read about over the years I would give up, so start by being very restrictive on the unnecessary 'essentials'. If you travel 2-up both of you have a challenge to take along the bare minimum for anything more than 2-3 nights IMHO. When Mrs B and I shipped our Glide from the UK to the USA and Canada a few years ago we thought we had got things 'just so'. A few days later we sent a large parcel of it back home! We didn't take any 'stuff' for the bike and didn't need anything except for engine oil. So be warned....

Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,562 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
What you need more than anything is a spreadsheet!
http://micapeak.com/checklists/mclist.html

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...trip-tips.html

Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

You all keep posting, this OP is going to need a trailer ha ha. All good stuff !

Old 02-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,721 Likes on 18,538 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
...... bullsh;t
.... i added the tourpak wall organizer right after i wired in the airwing light
...... great for small stuff like maps, energy bars, air gauge, vivarin, cheater glasses, my phone (plugged into the TP charger), a lighter or 2 & a flip-top box of hand rolled smokes
"bullsh;t" ... I take it you feel quite strongly about this ??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Must have in your saddle bag or tour pack