Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must have in your saddle bag or tour pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by kel03
You all keep posting, this OP is going to need a trailer ha ha. All good stuff !
I remember early on packing an extra pair of jeans, drawers and a couple of t-shirts for me and the ol' ( quite young then ) gal ... Now getting ready is kind of like "moving day" :<(

Old 02-12-2019, 03:02 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I keep my basic tools in the innovative solutions bags, this frees a up a lot of space. https://www.storagepouches.com/

i also use an old set of roadking lid organizers (velcroed to the side walls of the bags) I find them very useful to keep small Items. My organizers house a knife, tire pressure gauge, small maglight, a roll of electrical tape, chap stick, a micro fiber towel, a small tube of sun screen and some lens cleaner.

I also always have rain gear, gators, rain fly for my seat, helmet face shield, gloves, neck up, a bandana, and my hog atlas.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 02-12-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Indawynd
Elite HDF Member
Received 7,291 Likes on 2,749 Posts

I always have my leather with me. 250 miles from home, sun goes down I was always glad to have it.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

A few tools, rain gear, change of clothes, assorted bungee cords, jumper cables. In my wallet AAA card, for all my vehicles. up to 200 Mls

Old 02-14-2019, 11:32 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,408 Likes on 4,015 Posts

I have saddlebags on all my bikes.... always load them the same...

The left saddlebag is for rain gear ( full two-piece/seat cover/gloves), small tool kit, and chaps. If the wife is with me it has both of our stuff and it's full. If I'm solo, I have a little extra room. The right saddle bag has my leather jacket and/or any "extra" layers I may need for the ride. With the wife, it's full, if solo I have a little extra room.

If I'm on a multi-day trip, the saddlebags are loaded the same. The Bagger tour-pak is mine/ the tour-pak rack luggage is for the wife. Once in awhile, if I go solo, I'll take one of the softails. The saddlebags are the loaded the same, if needed I'll strap a T-Bag on the passenger seat, for change of clothes......

Old 02-14-2019, 11:53 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 698 Likes on 360 Posts

Rain gear, hoodie, towel, t shirt, sunscreen, a few basic tools, zip ties, fob battery, flashlight, small jump pack.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:26 PM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have guard bags and a windshield bag too. I always have blue loctite, printed set of instructions how to enter bypass security code, rain suit, chaps, hoodie, extra gloves, Flashlight, USB charger, small group of tools, extra jiffy stand spring, zip ties, fuses, lip balm, sunglasses, tinted or clear shield for FF helmet, whichever isn't on it, microfiber towels, can of clean & shine and a few maps. Progressive road service, credit card and registration in wallet. If I know I'm going grocery shopping, leaving the rain suit & chaps at home gives me plenty of room.

Last edited by GoofySB; 02-14-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:20 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 614 Posts

I always have, Rain Gear, gloves, sunscreen, my paperwork, a multi-tool (leatherman, gerber, whatev), and a bundle of zip ties.

You would be impressed at how far you can get with zip ties.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:19 PM
rayscott
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have a tour pack so everything in bags or on sissy bar. I like the rest always carry rain gear a small bag of tolls cold weather gear a small jumper(Walmart 35 dollars a small air compressor and tire plug kit. You have to get a system but works for me

Old 09-04-2023, 11:55 AM
Sc0-
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Not must have but usually have these for regular riding. Still reading on the Element 50 or 100 fire stick to add to the bike. I should pull the TourPak off for daily duties but the extra lights at night are Lifesavers. Also saddle bags are bolted to the bike using large fender washers:

Right saddle bag: full tool bag, rain gear, extra shift rod, zip ties, safety wire, safety wire pliers, chain oil, think I have a map sensor and crank sensor.

Left saddle bag: tool roll, air compressor, tire plug kit, GPS, RAIN GEAR, rain goggles, extra shirt, spare shift and clutch lever, spare clutch cable, emergency blanket, flare sticks, chain tool and spare chain with master links, O-ring repair kit for gas tank quick disconnect

TourPak: glasses, bullets/mag, flashlight and spare batteries, change, extra fob batteries, cell phone charger, tie down net for rack, map, PV1, extra ear plugs, change, extra gloves, heated gloves and wiring, large water bottle, tire pressure gauge, spare O-rings for drain plugs and pushrod tubes

The following users liked this post:
lee4 (03-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Must have in your saddle bag or tour pack