Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   T-Bag windshield 3 pouch set up. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1271267-t-bag-windshield-3-pouch-set-up.html)

brijohn 02-14-2019 05:57 PM

T-Bag windshield 3 pouch set up.

Just purchased a T-Bag 3 pouch windshield bag set up off of Ebay for my ‘12 Limited, anyone else running one with an aftermarket windshield? What are you running? Was looking at a Klockwerks but I’m not sure it will fit as the bags are quite tall.

TheMurf 02-14-2019 06:35 PM

Windshield bags

I've got a saddle man three bag set up on my 012 Ultra. I have the LRS elite recurve windshield. The bags themselves are nice but the backing material is not hard PVC,it wrinkles and looks like crap. TBags makes a better product in my opinion. They cost more,but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

brijohn 02-14-2019 07:54 PM

The LRS get good reviews, what height are you running? I ride two up a lot so I need to keep the wife happy. The T-bags seem to be solid, two bad they are no longer made, just got them so We will see.

holmsea 02-15-2019 04:26 AM

I have the 8.5 klockwerks windshield and the Tbags fit perfectly -- will sent pic

TheMurf 02-15-2019 09:45 AM

Windshield Bag

I am running the LRS 9 inch recurve elite. I like it, I can see over the lip and it deflects the wind good. It is well made and wife hasn't complained about any wind buffeting. I like the three bag set up the the H D dealership has.It looks much more sturdy that the saddle man set up.

brijohn 02-15-2019 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by holmsea (Post 18037007)
I have the 8.5 klockwerks windshield and the Tbags fit perfectly -- will sent pic

Awesome, just exactly what I was wondering, thank you!

brijohn 02-15-2019 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheMurf (Post 18037577)
I am running the LRS 9 inch recurve elite. I like it, I can see over the lip and it deflects the wind good. It is well made and wife hasn't complained about any wind buffeting. I like the three bag set up the the H D dealership has.It looks much more sturdy that the saddle man set up.

Good to know, looking at something in that height range, thanks.

F150HD 02-16-2019 08:41 AM

I run the LRS Ultra Recurve and the HD one fits fine.

Buy some of them little felt stick on circles at a craft store and pop on the back so it doesn't rub on the windshield (for the anal types).

Honestly though, the pockets on the HD one at least can be a bit small. Only 1 phone I've owned fit in the middle pocket which was hugely helpful -use it as a camera as most of us do which offers quick access.
Can fit a tube (chapstick type tube you screw upwards) of sunblock or zinc oxide in the smaller side bags, or loose change. Thats about it. So not highly functional.
I took it off a year ago cleaning the bike and have yet to reinstall it. Did not use on my tour last summer.

The best bang for the buck in functionality is the crash bar bags like this below. They hold full cans of sunblock, bottles of water/Gatorade, ones Smartphone etc.
-

brijohn 02-16-2019 10:44 PM

I considered those, may look into them a little deeper.