Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting place for road pegs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 08:56 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 455 Likes on 245 Posts

sit on the bike.... lift it off the jiffy stand and have a buddy steady the bike... place YOUR feet, where YOU think they are comfortable.... work from there....

Old 02-16-2019, 09:10 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

I run the short mounts, 32" inseam, can put my heel on the floorboard and toe on the pegs.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Arcadia
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Spent a while at the local Harley shop looking and trying the pegs and mounts on the used bikes. Real world looks and real world trial. Ended needing/wanting the long arm angled. Done, home. Now the pegs....

Old 02-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Thanks for the replies. Spent a while at the local Harley shop looking and trying the pegs and mounts on the used bikes. Real world looks and real world trial. Ended needing/wanting the long arm angled. Done, home. Now the pegs....
So did you end up liking the long arm angled? I have a 34 inseam, just wondering what works for you. Everybody's different.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Arcadia
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddieselsmoke
So did you end up liking the long arm angled? I have a 34 inseam, just wondering what works for you. Everybody's different.
Went with the long arm angled. Haven’t got to ride it yet due to the snow and ice but felt good when I sat on it. Do like I did and go to your local HD shop and sit on some used bikes that have pegs on them and see what fits best or comes very close, you can adjust from there. I mounted them so my foot can rest on both the board and the peg. Good luck.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:38 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,450 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Oko
30" inseam. But the long armed version is very adjustable. The ones in my photo are adjusted closer to me. They can go farther out. They pivot at two points.

And for those that had problems with Kury plating & rusting, well the ones in my photo are approx. 15-years old. Including some winter riding with salt dust on the roads.
Two summers in the Coastal South will pretty much do the trick on Kury plating. Maybe in New York you can get away with subpar plating from Kury, but not down here. Salt on the roads up there doesn't compare to salt in the air and high humidity down here. There are other environments besides New York, don't ya know.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Ciro3d
Sponsor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Setting up my 19 RK for longer trips and know road pegs are a must have. Just looking for a good starting point to get me in the ball park.
Have a Le pera Maverick seat.
Inseam is 32”
Should I start with angeled long arm .
Short arm .
Direct mount?
I know opinions are like ahole and find what feels good but just wanting a recommended starting point.
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,

We highly recommend our Frame Mounted Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts. We started at the motorcycle frame and then worked our way out. The result is the strongest, cleanest looking, and most practical highway peg mount ever.
Find them here: https://www.ciro3d.com/product/60100...d-highway-pegs

Check out this video for more information:

Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 AM
whiskeyfire
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 34" inseam, I use direct mount highway pegs and I wish they were a bit closer to me. I'm on an Electra Glide if that makes any difference.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Setting up my 19 RK for longer trips and know road pegs are a must have. Just looking for a good starting point to get me in the ball park.
Have a Le pera Maverick seat.
Inseam is 32”
Should I start with angeled long arm .
Short arm .
Direct mount?
I know opinions are like ahole and find what feels good but just wanting a recommended starting point.
Thanks
Mike
The best way to know where is most comfortable for you is to use the "Comfort Triangle", here is LINK to how to use it.

What I have found to be the most comfortable are Adjustable Peg Kit with Radiused Arms, paired up with Fatty ISO Pegs w/ Heel Rest. This gives both adjustment and a huge variety of foot positions. When my feet are not fully on the highway pegs, in some configuration, I'll find my heel on the floorboard and my toes on the heel rest. It is a naturally comfortable position. The fatty pegs make for a more comfortable ride when my boots are on the pegs.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
Idahoboi (02-27-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Just bought these for my 18 FLHTCU. I'm gonna use some leftover pegs from my softail rear pegs after I upgraded them to mini floorboards for the wife.

Quick Reply: Starting place for road pegs.