Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you hit (or what has hit you) while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:06 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Let's see - birds (one time hit helmet and then cooked in the V of the engine), squirrel and chipmunk, dog (glanced off the saddlebag) and a tumbleweed on I-40

Old 02-18-2019, 10:06 AM
rfulford
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Brushed a deer that ran out in front of me with the turn signal on the front of my bike, as it ran in front of me. It knocked the deer down but he got up and ran off. Left deer hair in the turn signal but no real damage. Ran over a raccoon at speed on evening, just a big bump in the road. Have dodged all sorts of stuff from 16' ladders in the road, a table that was turned upside down and covered in boxes in the back of a pick up that slid out of the bed and onto the roadway spinning boxes of stuff everywhere, a 20+ foot chain that was dragging behind a flatbed trailer making sparks in the night to name a few.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:31 AM
DesertRider66
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was driving along in my neighborhood (about 2 years ago) and a rabbit decided to race across the road. He misjudged and when he lept across in front he actually landed in my lap (I was riding with my son on the back - taking him to school) and he sat there kinda dazed for about a quarter mile. I slowed enough that it jumped back on the road - my son and I still laugh about the suicidal rabbit...

The following users liked this post:
TexasMotorcycleRider (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 901 Likes on 497 Posts

I hit a large bat while cruising at 110kph on the highway, it was wedged between my highway bar and the front screen. It stayed alive for about 15 minutes, I left him there until the next fuel stop as I was trying to make miles crossing the country.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 314 Likes on 291 Posts

I hit a pedestrian while riding thru town. He was running across the street, I had looked over my shoulder to move to the far left lane, looked back up and there he was...not looking...I hit the brakes, and the back started fishtailing, I decide to try to squeeze between the dude and the curb. I thought I made it, but looking into the mirror, I had clipped him. and he was hitting the curb with his head. I stopped. The police and fire fighters who responded kept asking if the guy on the ground was the rider, I said no, I was the rider. How did you not go down? Luck? I asked. Dud e was hurt which was bad, but all my bike got was a bent peg from clipping him.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallard Slayer
the last thing I hit wasn't very big but was very painful!! last summer I had a yellow jacket go between my helmet and face and end up inside my ear canal as I was grabbing gears and ton of brake pressure to get stopped I could feel it crawling in deeper and deeper!! finally got my helmet off but couldn't get it out!! it was kind of like defusing a bomb one wrong move and wamo!! messed around several minutes trying to get it out!! yep it stung me inside my ear and man was that mother sore!! my entire ear turned bright red and swelled up almost instantly!! hope that never happens again!!
This was hard to read. Yet another good reason to wear ear plugs.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:13 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

July 6th 2016 (my 25 Wedding Anniversary) at 2:35 pm on a hot and sunny day I got hit from behind on my 2010 Ultra by a Dodge Dart while turning into a gas station.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:45 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

F250 truck hit me at 65 mph. Was not pretty. 22 broken bones and many months in bed. Totaled the Ultra and bent the frame on the F250.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-18-2019, 11:56 AM
HD32141
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom
F250 truck hit me at 65 mph. Was not pretty. 22 broken bones and many months in bed. Totaled the Ultra and bent the frame on the F250.

Crap. It's amazing that you survived!

Old 02-18-2019, 01:04 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

My only 2 were small but painfull. Both times yellow jackets one up my shirt sleeve the other got under my FF helmet and got me on the neck. After reading these posts I'll try and remember to always wear my ear plugs.

Quick Reply: What have you hit (or what has hit you) while riding?