Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i must have to lower The front end running on 21” front 2014 sg

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Baransen
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i must have to lower The front end running on 21” front 2014 sg

Hello
If this has been covered, please feel free to point me to that thread, and thanks in advance for any info shared.
Finally I just put a 21" 3.5 wheel with 21” front fender on my 2014 FLHX Bagger running on stock rear tire and suspensions with 12” apes ( just had few miles ı will ride And put more Miles Before i Will decide what to do but feels ilke bike doesnt want to turn on curves maybe ı can get used to this whit more leaning felt little hard on parking and backing up but ı can get use to it or if lowered will theese Also be improve ) and i was curious do ı have to lower the frontend is it a must in terms of running on 85- 100 MHP are There any wobble risks For this set up
and if ı have to how much to lower the front to keep the bike at the same height. I'd love more clearance for aggressive corners, but at 6" I don't have no prob with touching the ground when ı stopped ( ı ilke this rise look better i guess but ı dont want to risk the wobble or ant other handling problems couseing becouse of changed geometry ).The stock wheel Was 19”
if yes what is the best product or brand to do this
and again is it a must
thank you

Last edited by Baransen; 03-04-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

No, you’ll be fine
you may feel different in the curves because you’re on a new tire which usually need 100 miles to break the molding compound so it may feel slippery at first.
Lowering a stance and increasing lean angle go against each other, one or the other. A 21 will make you lose 2 inches of travel compared to a 19 just be cautious on potholes

Last edited by Dynaglide92; 03-04-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 AM
Baransen
Advanced

Thank you
so bike the has raised 2” up ?
and if ı lower it i will loose cornering capacity
2” seems too much to me ı dont want to lower my ride
that much becouse pot Holes are where here over here

Old 03-05-2019, 05:38 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I put a 21" wheel on my 2017 Road Glide and the only other modification I have had to make is swap out the jiffy stand for one an inch longer, 10.5".

Old 03-05-2019, 06:29 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

People fail to realize that the overall difference is determined by the tire size, not the wheel size.
The difference in overall tire height between the new and the old tires.
To only consider the wheel diameter tells you nothing.
The overall tire height between the 19" and 21" tires will not be 2".

The following users liked this post:
skratch (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 08:26 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
People fail to realize that the overall difference is determined by the tire size, not the wheel size.
The difference in overall tire height between the new and the old tires.
To only consider the wheel diameter tells you nothing.
The overall tire height between the 19" and 21" tires will not be 2".
This is correct and wheel for wheel it will be an inch. 19 to 21 inch that is. Then tire size comes in to play.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

overall tire height is the only factor that affects ride height.
wheel diameter means nothing in the equation.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Baransen
Advanced

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
This is correct and wheel for wheel it will be an inch. 19 to 21 inch that is. Then tire size comes in to play.
on top of that there is a front fender issue for me ı have 21” wraped fender on it and i also have low front Engine guard which have a lower tideing position On the chasis
so ı had little chat with my HD head mech. He Told me it may hit my air brushed fender if ı got in a pot hole
and as i said ı love the way it looks as it is i ilke this high up look
so we decide to not lower it
i was thinking of wobble prob on high speeds instead of lowering the bike i will ride it ilke this and we will go back my old 19” set up only before my long trips so ı will have to perfect handling back and avoid the wobble prob
this is my solition to my problem and ı hope it will work for me
thank you all for your replys

Last edited by Baransen; 03-05-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Just a side by side visual, stock 19 and a 21.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM
lp77
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baransen
Hello
If this has been covered, please feel free to point me to that thread, and thanks in advance for any info shared.
Finally I just put a 21" 3.5 wheel with 21” front fender on my 2014 FLHX Bagger running on stock rear tire and suspensions with 12” apes ( just had few miles ı will ride And put more Miles Before i Will decide what to do but feels ilke bike doesnt want to turn on curves maybe ı can get used to this whit more leaning felt little hard on parking and backing up but ı can get use to it or if lowered will theese Also be improve ) and i was curious do ı have to lower the frontend is it a must in terms of running on 85- 100 MHP are There any wobble risks For this set up
and if ı have to how much to lower the front to keep the bike at the same height. I'd love more clearance for aggressive corners, but at 6" I don't have no prob with touching the ground when ı stopped ( ı ilke this rise look better i guess but ı dont want to risk the wobble or ant other handling problems couseing becouse of changed geometry ).The stock wheel Was 19”
if yes what is the best product or brand to do this
and again is it a must
thank you
no need to. I changed to 21” on my 07SG, couldn’t notice any difference. Although not driving on the edge.

Quick Reply: Do i must have to lower The front end running on 21” front 2014 sg