Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No radio fairing, not what I wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by kickstartfan
The company sure is proud of its new fairing with no radio. I must admit that is what I asked for.
However...
I wanted a clean looking fairing, and I have no use for a radio.
What they offer is a fairing that looks like someone stole the stereo system. Ugly in my book.
Nice try, Harley. But no stereo (for me) does not mean a hole where you can put a stereo.
Rant over. I realize I am in a minority. My last five or six bikes have had a stereo, just did not use it.

Ride on.
This model isn't made for you (or me). It's made for the rider who likes a batwing fighting and could care less about a stereo or whether there's an empty hole where the stereo would be. Or he wants a stereo, but wants to install his own. I have a friend who makes a good living installing and updating stereos for Harley's. To each his own.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

So did you buy this thing? Or just verbalizing your distaste ?

Old 03-16-2019, 07:15 PM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddieselsmoke
So did you buy this thing? Or just verbalizing your distaste ?
Sounds kind of harsh when you put it that way. No I did not buy the new Electro Glide model.
Some thread started something like "you asked, Harley listened..."
and I was reminded of the old saw "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it"

I love music. just about all kinds of music. I love riding even more, and the two just do not mix for me.
Listening to a powerful Jack Bruce bass line, I fear the millisecond of brain fade that we all know can be fatal.

I do listen to songs in my mind, and can change songs like pushing radio buttons. better sound than speakers in the wind or helmet.

anyway, thanks to everyone who is so bored they are still here.

Memphis Shades might sell me one of their fairings. the ones with no place to even put a stereo.

However, after riding behind full fairings for so long, it is nice to see the road six feet in front of me. Big windshield on the Road King.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

Originally Posted by kickstartfan
Sounds kind of harsh when you put it that way. No I did not buy the new Electro Glide model.
Some thread started something like "you asked, Harley listened..."
and I was reminded of the old saw "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it"

I love music. just about all kinds of music. I love riding even more, and the two just do not mix for me.
Listening to a powerful Jack Bruce bass line, I fear the millisecond of brain fade that we all know can be fatal.

I do listen to songs in my mind, and can change songs like pushing radio buttons. better sound than speakers in the wind or helmet.

anyway, thanks to everyone who is so bored they are still here.

Memphis Shades might sell me one of their fairings. the ones with no place to even put a stereo.

However, after riding behind full fairings for so long, it is nice to see the road six feet in front of me. Big windshield on the Road King.
Didn't mean to come off as a d!ck, I just thought you bought one and came to complain.
Seems kind of silly the way it looks with no door.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:48 AM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts

Hey that was a great question. Verbalizing my distaste was exactly what I was doing.

This model has gotten a lot of attention here, I think because we are all bored silly after winter weather.
I could also have raved about the lack of passenger seat and pegs on a big touring rig.

And I rode about 300 miles yesterday, it was 35 degrees when I started but warmed up to mid 50s.
so I feel better now.

Part of my ride was visiting a Harley shop, check out the fairing on the Sport Glide. now that is a no radio fairing.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:06 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts

I also use the Memphis Shades fairing with a three pouch setup and am happy . Downside is I have three different shields sitting on the shelf that I bought to try until I found one I liked.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

I agree with winter being boring.. just waiting for the salt to dissipate.
Southeast Ohio.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:03 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

If I were to buy one of those I would probably put a stereo in it just for the GPS feature. There are some mighty slick aftermarket ones out there reasonably priced.

I do have a Memphis Shades fairing for my Road King and love it's intended purpose, along with the fact that it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 03-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:16 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Most bikes I see with a radio have a windshield bag on them. They now sell a model with a built in spot to put **** so you don’t have to buy a windshield bag and guys are bitching about that. Sounds like an army of cracks on the rag. Give it a break.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:01 PM
fourH-Ds
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I was pumped to see Harley being back the standard. I think the omission of passenger pegs is a bit of a cheap shot, but the lack of stereo is great! For much less money you can install a way better stereo than the factory unit. I love my 07 standard. It is dressed very nicely and it allowed for me to do it all my way.

The following users liked this post:
bigheadted (03-18-2019)

Quick Reply: No radio fairing, not what I wanted