Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to Take the Leap

 
  #1  
Old 03-10-2019, 06:59 PM
w9awx1's Avatar
w9awx1
w9awx1 is offline
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Ready to Take the Leap

Hi Everyone. Think this is my first official post. Be gentle. Now that I have some time under my wheels, I am looking to do an upgrade this Spring. Currently riding a 2018 48 Special which my wife owns but that's another story. I really have my heart set on a Street Glide or a SGS. I originally had been looking at a 2019 SGS with the 114. While at my wife's dealership this weekend for a Beach Party, I found a black 2014 SG Firefighter Edition with with the 103 with just over 7500 miles on it. It was a trade in on a new SGS, its not even on their website yet as it just got traded in. It think it has ABS based on the cable that runs along the front brake line. There is a rectangle fob on the fork lock key set which I think means it has the security system. It has the smaller radio without navigation, not a big concern for me. I have been doing some reading and it sounds like it was a limited production item sold to and reserved for first responders. I was a firefighter for 10 years so sort of like the idea of having one. Anyone have a SG FF Edition? Anything to look at before buying it? Thanks.

Image of bike at the dealership while there for a Beach party this weekend.
2014 SG Firefighter edition
 
  #2  
Old 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM
dcfatboy
dcfatboy is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 282
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I have a 2018 Ultra Limited Firefighter Edition (I am not Firefighter, but thank you for being one.)
 
  #3  
Old 03-11-2019, 01:23 AM
23Seven's Avatar
23Seven
23Seven is offline
Club Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 845
Thanked 133 Times in 94 Posts
Default

14 HO103 Rushmore... Nice ride! I’m more about Twinkies until everything is worked out on the M8’s.

Welcome
 
  #4  
Old 03-11-2019, 02:27 PM
batman.
batman. is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: westland Michigan
Posts: 1,131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Default

thank you for being a FF. Didnt know they had editions for that. Not that it matters much but the air cleaner is for a older sg. just a observation is all.

I love my 14 sg. I ride mine tho. 35k being is Michigan still cant ride yet.

Batman
 
  #5  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Mountainkowboy's Avatar
Mountainkowboy
Mountainkowboy is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Socal/NE Oregon
Posts: 2,425
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Once you go FLH.....you never go back
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Mountainkowboy For This Useful Post:
richkidman (03-14-2019)
  #6  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Tired's Avatar
Tired
Tired is offline
Supporter
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SWMO
Posts: 1,175
Thanked 235 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Be gentle?
 
  #7  
Old 03-12-2019, 12:32 AM
dickey's Avatar
dickey
dickey is offline
Extreme HDF Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 15,532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,109 Times in 649 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by w9awx1 View Post
Hi Everyone. Think this is my first official post. Be gentle. Now that I have some time under my wheels, I am looking to do an upgrade this Spring. Currently riding a 2018 48 Special which my wife owns but that's another story. I really have my heart set on a Street Glide or a SGS. I originally had been looking at a 2019 SGS with the 114. While at my wife's dealership this weekend for a Beach Party, I found a black 2014 SG Firefighter Edition with with the 103 with just over 7500 miles on it. It was a trade in on a new SGS, its not even on their website yet as it just got traded in. It think it has ABS based on the cable that runs along the front brake line. There is a rectangle fob on the fork lock key set which I think means it has the security system. It has the smaller radio without navigation, not a big concern for me. I have been doing some reading and it sounds like it was a limited production item sold to and reserved for first responders. I was a firefighter for 10 years so sort of like the idea of having one. Anyone have a SG FF Edition? Anything to look at before buying it? Thanks.

Image of bike at the dealership while there for a Beach party this weekend.
2014 SG Firefighter edition
How in the hell can you have a beach party in Wisconsin?
 
  #8  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:11 AM
23Seven's Avatar
23Seven
23Seven is offline
Club Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 845
Thanked 133 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by batman. View Post
thank you for being a FF. Didnt know they had editions for that. Not that it matters much but the air cleaner is for a older sg. just a observation is all.

I love my 14 sg. I ride mine tho. 35k being is Michigan still cant ride yet.

Batman
Nice catch on the AC I didnít notice that.
 
  #9  
Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 AM
nutsandbolts5212's Avatar
nutsandbolts5212
nutsandbolts5212 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 602
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Stupid question: Are you sure that's the bike? Every FF model I've seen has a gold stripe running through both sides, and they are either red or black in overall color.

Ride safe!
 
  #10  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 AM
BrandonSmith's Avatar
BrandonSmith
BrandonSmith is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,640
Thanked 182 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nutsandbolts5212 View Post
Stupid question: Are you sure that's the bike? Every FF model I've seen has a gold stripe running through both sides, and they are either red or black in overall color.

Ride safe!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: