Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pak question

Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
I know exactly what he's asking. He is asking if something goes between the rack that mounts the tour pak to the bike and tour pak it's self. The answer is NO...there is nothing in-between the bottom of the tour pak and the rack that mounts it to the bike.

Not sure what you guys aren't understand about what I'm saying.
Lighten up man ... your illustration shows the "TOP" of the tour pack ... he is questioning the bottom/base of the tour pack where it mounts to the chassis/rack of the scooter

Old 03-15-2019, 09:56 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Lighten up man ... your illustration shows the "TOP" of the tour pack ... he is questioning the bottom/base of the tour pack where it mounts to the chassis/rack of the scooter
Bro...What are you talking about? Do you see any illustration posted by me or attached by me in any of the posts I made?

The OP quoted the wrong post...which lead to the original I know what you are talking about post.

Last edited by craigffb; 03-15-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Bro...What are you talking about? Do you see any illustration posted by me or attached by me in any of the posts I made?

The OP quoted the wrong post...which lead to the original I know what you are talking about post.
My apologies ... I got caught up in the thread and referenced the wrong reply and things went south. Once again, sorry.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

He's talking about the post by magnut that has a link to an illustration that shows the top of the tour pak.So there is nothing,other than a washer that separates the two.Thats what I was looking for,thanks!It seems there would be some kind of rubber/plastic gasket or something that would keep it from squeaking or rubbing on the tour pak.Of course HD didn't ask for my input.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:06 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

My apologies ... I got caught up in the thread and referenced the wrong reply and things went south. Once again, sorry.
I did the same thing!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by piper59
I did the same thing!
All this time I thought I was a genius It is Friday, right?

The following users liked this post:
piper59 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by piper59
He's talking about the post by magnut that has a link to an illustration that shows the top of the tour pak.So there is nothing,other than a washer that separates the two.Thats what I was looking for,thanks!It seems there would be some kind of rubber/plastic gasket or something that would keep it from squeaking or rubbing on the tour pak.Of course HD didn't ask for my input.
Figured that out. Which tour pak are you asking about the old style or new? Either way the bottom of the Tour Pak sit directly on the top of the rack that holds it to the bike. There is NOTHING in between the bottom of the TP and the rack. When you buy the TP it will come with 4 nuts and 4 washers. The washers go between the nut and the rack on the bottom side of the rack to hold the TP to it. I don't know how else to explain it without posting a picture and that would have to wait until I got home.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Dafrisco hit it ...

Old 03-15-2019, 10:18 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

Figured that out. Which tour pak are you asking about the old style or new? Either way the bottom of the Tour Pak sit directly on the top of the rack that holds it to the bike. There is NOTHING in between the bottom of the TP and the rack. When you buy the TP it will come with 4 nuts and 4 washers. The washers go between the nut and the rack on the bottom side of the rack to hold the TP to it. I don't know how else to explain it without posting a picture and that would have to wait until I got home.
I've got it! bolt goes thru the tour pak then the washer then the nut,tighten, place tour pak on top of rack(rest of extended bolt) thru holes on two up rack place washers then nut on bolt,tighten & your done. I've got it. and thank you! Why they don't have some kind of gasket between them is beyond me.

It is a new chopped tour pak.

Last edited by piper59; 03-15-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Dafrisco hit it ...

That's only for the 08 and later bikes that had the round bar racks. Depending on what year bike the OP is putting on it will be different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour pak question