Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone regret getting a chrome sprocket & polished rear disc?

Old 03-16-2019, 02:15 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts
Default Anyone regret getting a chrome sprocket & polished rear disc?

I’m currently waiting for some chrome products from ***** Shiny. He’s extremely backed up due to the influx of orders this time of year. I requested the following:

- Chrome Front/Rear Enforcer wheels
- Polished Front discs and rear disc
- Chrome Front spacer and ABS sensor cover
- Chrome sprocket

For those who have a chrome sprocket and/or polished rear disc, do you feel like you wasted your money? I know you can see them a little bit with the bags installed, but I’m second guessing myself on whether it’s worth the cost for something that I’ll rarely get to see.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:53 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

I don’t have what you are asking so take my opinion with a grain a salt, but if it were me I think on a bagger anything like that on the rear wheel is a waste. I agree with dressing up the front, but you don’t see much of the wheel and/or sprocket with bags on.

The following 2 users liked this post by dawg:
RK_Classic (03-16-2019), twoglides13 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 03:11 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
I don’t have what you are asking so take my opinion with a grain a salt, but if it were me I think on a bagger anything like that on the rear wheel is a waste. I agree with dressing up the front, but you don’t see much of the wheel and/or sprocket with bags on.
Thats kind of what I’m starting to think.

The following users liked this post:
jeeper101 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 03:11 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 623 Likes on 453 Posts

After that, go for the chrome plated clutch basket. No one will see that either. I save my money for gas, tires, brakes, oil and parts, and MOTEL ROOMS when traveling. Your bike, your money, your choice.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:18 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by btsom
After that, go for the chrome plated clutch basket. No one will see that either. I save my money for gas, tires, brakes, oil and parts, and MOTEL ROOMS when traveling. Your bike, your money, your choice.
I see your point. Thanks for your opinion.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:05 AM
Hayabusasteve
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Me personally, I powdercoated my rear wheel. It's one of those things; most people won't notice it, but to me a bike just looks so incomplete when people ignore the back end. I put bikes together because I want to improve them all around, not just for cheap reactions just gussying up the front. I wouldn't say it's a waste, because it will look good on the bike, regardless of how obvious it is at first. Details it what makes one bike beautiful and another generic.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:57 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Opinions are like.... But, since you asked. I would do both wheels because my bike OCD would drive me crazy. But, to the point others made, I wouldn't bother with dressing anything else up in the rear because the bags cover it. I did a chrome front end on my '12 and changed out the rotors. I just did the chrome front end on my '17 and left the rotors stock. It still looks good. Do what makes ya happy.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,002 Likes on 6,203 Posts

Since the saddlebags cover up the the rear wheel and sprocket, I would not. It is still your option.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:39 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

I personally wouldn’t bother with the sprocket/disc on my SG but for me the wheels gotta match, I see enough of it to drive me nuts if it doesn’t.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:29 AM
jeeper101
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts

First of, thank you for your service!

I am in the never ending process of adding stuff to my bike haha. I just ordered a set of chrome lowers and cow bells. My next move will be polished rotors.
My thought is to only do two types of mods, the ones that serve a purpose (ie: rushmore bags and tour pack) and stuff that looks good. If I CANT SEE IT, it doesn't matter how good it looks... so I don't do it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone regret getting a chrome sprocket & polished rear disc?