Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear light for M8 Road King

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Oilhed
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default rear light for M8 Road King

I'm looking to replace the rear lights on my 2018 Road King. I would still like a red lens with LEDs and maybe low profile. Also would like to eliminate the stock rear blinkers so maybe integrated turn signals as well. If you have a personal experience, positive or negative. I'd like to hear it. Also, how easy is it to remove the turn signal arm and does it leave any holes exposed? And while on the topic how about the lights that go between the saddlebags and fenders? Running only or turn or brake? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 243 Likes on 141 Posts

We have a couple of products that will allow you to do this easily. Removing the rear turn signal bar is not too difficult; you just need to unbolt it from the fender and unplug the turn signals from the circuit board behind the taillight.

Once that is done, you can install our Turn Signal Eliminator Kit, which will cover the mounting holes in the fender, and will replace the tag bracket that's on the turn signal bar.
https://www.customdynamics.com/turn-...r-touring?cat=

After that, I'd recommend installing our ProBEAM Fillerz into the saddlebag support rails. They are plug and play, and will operate as running lights and turn signals on your Road King. In the photo of the Electra Glide that I've posted below, you can see them in between the fender and the saddlebags.
https://www.customdynamics.com/probeam-fillerz?cat=795

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 03-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Oilhed
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for that thoughtful reply. I have a FLHP so there is already a plate mount above the taillight. Is there a way to cover the Road King turn signal mounting holes without moving the license plate to below the taillight?

Old 03-24-2019, 04:42 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

BrightAssLights®️ You have 3 run intensity to choose and like 24 brake patterns to chose from. You just tap the lens with a strong magnet to make a change. They are all plug and play.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:26 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Make sure your bike can pass inspection without the light bar and that the local police will not ticket you for not having non dot signals.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:43 PM
FLshovelhead
Tourer
Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by K Melancon
BrightAssLights®️ You have 3 run intensity to choose and like 24 brake patterns to chose from. You just tap the lens with a strong magnet to make a change. They are all plug and play.
Absolutely agree. I will never own a bike without one.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 243 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Oilhed
Thank you for that thoughtful reply. I have a FLHP so there is already a plate mount above the taillight. Is there a way to cover the Road King turn signal mounting holes without moving the license plate to below the taillight?
You're welcome! We don't have any options for covering the mounting holes without also including a tag mount, but perhaps another forum user knows of something.