Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F11 topcoat

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Quik, I get that you were just sharing your experience. I get that you like the results you get.
I have posted about this stuff many times.
If you, or anybody else, is look for a "Quick Fix", there are still way better options then this stuff. 3D Speed is a much better option that last longer, and is much cheaper.

This statement puzzles me, "Or to the person, like me, that doesn't have a lot of extra time to spend all day detailing a bike." I get everybody is busy man. I work a lot also. But if you add up all the times you have to use this stuff, the price, and the sub-par look, so many better options.

Benn doing this stuff for 15+ yrs and getting paid for it. Just my opinion.
If you like it use it.
Certainly wasn't looking for a quick fix, I paid over 40k for this bike and I have zero issues keeping it in showroom condition, I'm obsessed with it actually, I work too hard not to take care of my stuff. My 2015 BMW RT has 37k miles on it since new and it looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. I know this F11 is no miracle in a bottle, no wax/polish, ceramic coating or anything else is for that matter, it's all about maintaining the paint and I pride myself in doing just that. I'm willing to try anything at least once if I think it will help me maintain a pristine finish. Like I said, I will drop $50 on a product no problem and if it was a waste then I chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Eaglefan, thanks for the recommendation on 3D speed, I will check that stuff out as well.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:23 PM
DenisLM
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the F11 few months ago and initially I wasn't very impressed. used a few times and looked just like a brand new bike (which my bike still is).

After few rides with some sand/snowy roads this winder my bike was a mess. But washed out way easier than my previous bike (never used F11 on that one).
Last weekend I had a mishap with gasoline all over the right side of my bike. Washed out at the gas station with just water. No apparent damage. Got home after an all day ride and washed the bike and did another round of F11. Looks just like new.

Overall I like it, recommend for non-**** people that just want a simple shiny solution and don't want spent time detailing everything but still want something that looks good and don't mind to spent few extra bucks.

In comparison I use in my car the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and it don't get even close how glossy the soft to touch the F11 do and you need to be very careful to no leave any marks, F11 is way easier to apply. I still have 3/4 bottle of the Meguiar's that will be my last. after that I'm getting the F11 for my car too.
Meguiar's cost only $10 on Amazon. and F11 $50 for almost the same amount.
In my book that easily worth the extra money. also I applied at least 5 times on my bike and I only used the travel size, the bigger bottle still sealed. The Meguiars you need to spray more and more....

I believe that the people that have the time and effort to do the full wax thing probably will have better results, the ceramic coat probably even better.
For me, just doing my rides and cleaning after it, F11 is unbeatable.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:48 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 762 Posts

3D speed is a easy Alll-In-One product, polish fills and seals. Super easy.

If you are looking for the glossiest, wet look possible, then Polish Angel is what you want. What color is your bike?

Polish Angel Cosmic V2 is the coating, super simple to use, after their prep which is also super easy. If your bike is a dark color use Polish Angel High Gloss spray afterwards.
If your paint is in great shape, meaning more then 90% defect free, you will see a difference with this combo. It will last years on a bike. Bottles are small put a tiny bit goes a real long way. Easily enough to do a bike and a vehicle with some left over.
Many other options out there besides this one. If you are looking more for longevity, 22PLE V2Pro is what I like to use.
This picture is from a BMW this weekend. 16hrs of polishing, 22PLE. I did this car back in 2015

Old 03-19-2019, 04:49 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Friend with a Battleship gray CVO RG uses it (F11) and likes it for the shine but told me it did nothing as far as making bugs easier to get off.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 03-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by eaglefan1

3D speed is a easy Alll-In-One product, polish fills and seals. Super easy.

If you are looking for the glossiest, wet look possible, then Polish Angel is what you want. What color is your bike?

Polish Angel Cosmic V2 is the coating, super simple to use, after their prep which is also super easy. If your bike is a dark color use Polish Angel High Gloss spray afterwards.
If your paint is in great shape, meaning more then 90% defect free, you will see a difference with this combo. It will last years on a bike. Bottles are small put a tiny bit goes a real long way. Easily enough to do a bike and a vehicle with some left over.
Many other options out there besides this one. If you are looking more for longevity, 22PLE V2Pro is what I like to use.
This picture is from a BMW this weekend. 16hrs of polishing, 22PLE. I did this car back in 2015
My bike is black forrest/wineberry. Is 3D speed and HD speed the same thing?

Last edited by Quik; 03-19-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:15 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

WOW!!! This stuff is either love it or hate it.

I still haven’t tried it yet, and have gone to the website a number of times to order it, but just had trouble justifying the time it will take to strip all of the wax off of my bike before I apply it.

I’m not certain how to even remove the wax from my bike since I have some vinyl graphics on it. - I typically would use lacquer thinner to remove waxes when prepping for paint, but would think that would damage the vinyl.

Maybe someday I’ll get ambitious enough to give it a go.

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE USED IT???

Did you strip off any wax that was on your ride like the instructions say? If so, what did you use to do so?

Last edited by steelerdude1; 03-19-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:18 PM
DenisLM
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1

I still haven’t tried it yet, and have gone to the website a number of times to order it, but just had trouble justifying the time it will take to strip all of the wax off of my bike before I apply it.

I’m not certain how to even remove the wax from my bike since I have some vinyl graphics on it. - I typically would use lacquer thinner to remove waxes when prepping for paint, but would think that would damage the vinyl.

Did you strip off any wax that was on your ride like the instructions say? If so, what did you use to do so?
I didn't. Just applied on top of whatever the bike came from the dealer with.
if you have the time and desire to do all the layers of preparation and wax, there's no point in use the F11.

F11 is one bottle solution for someone that don't wanna spent hours for a shine/glossy finish.

I'm sure a good prep/wax/coat job will have at least similar result, and more likely better and last longer.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:52 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Thanks!

I polish with a meguires show car polish and a DA polisher, and wax every winter. I have used compound on it when it starts getting swirly, but since I keep up with a coat of turtle wax black box wax every now and again through the riding season, I haven’t had to compound for a couple years.

I have been been using the black box spray detailer for a quick clean.

Since it works without the all of the prep, maybe be I’ll try the F11 since my spray is almost gone.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:03 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by steelerdude1

My bike was waxed to the gills but I didn't remove any, just put the F11 on top of what was there and it worked great. I've always heard washing the paint with blue dawn dish soap will strip a good bit of wax off.

Quick Reply: F11 topcoat